Tank Journal Archive

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
YASHA
Introduction: ok so im back :) had a break for few months while i got my life together after moving to sydney and i finally got my yasha​
Reefing Since:
System Objectives: to create a stable small paradise​
Type of reef: LPS but mainly acans​
Display System:
Initial Fill Date: 13-11-12​
Display Tank Dimensions: 12X12X12​
Display Lighting: standard 9w of led​
Stand: bedside table​
Hood or Rimless: rimless​
Sump Design: standard in back​
Filtration: upgraded reef octopus skimmer
Support systems:
NSW or ASW: NSW
Display Water circulation: nano prop 5000
Return Pump: nano prop 5000​
Skimmer: reef octopus​
Evaporation Top Up: manual​
Chemical additions:
Calcium Addition: 50% weekly water change​
Alkilinity Addition: 50% weekly water change​
Magnesium Addition: 50% weekly water change​
Prodibiotics Addition:
Coral Food Addition:

Attachments

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Gotta throw a MASSIVE thanks out to Nicd for the rock and sand :) the rock is only 2 pieces its aquaroche stuff from his old nano !

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
this water is taking ages to clear up :( any tricks to get rid of the cloudiness quickly ?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
My Yasha clears in about 10-15 min max.
What happened to the skimmer that came with the Yasha, the Turboflotor Blue 500?
They are a brilliant skimmer.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I'm not sure what happened to the turbo floater ?! It came to the last owner with the occy skimmer already in it ?! I want it clear NNOOWWW !!!!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hmm the acrylic wouldn't like being scraped would scratch it, dont you like the Coraline look?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Yep, plastic scraper.
I noticed from your pics that there seems to be a lot of surface movement in your tank. What setting have you got the return pump on? It only needs to be on the lowest setting, that will be heaps of circulation. As you have probably tried, the high setting just cavitates and blows bubble through the tank. I'd also suggest some filter wool beneath the return pump to help clear it up.
Someone has done a switcheroo with the skimmer and put in a cheaper one. Can you show a pic of the skimmer?

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I have the return on the lowest else trying but I've got it pointed slightly up specifically to agitate the water and allow better gas exchange... Ill get a pic later

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
None really.... Threw a few shore/rock crabs in for the cycle.... Dosing zeobak and zeo start to boost things along a bit...... Went for a drie up to Asquith yesterday and bought some really nice acans that he's gunna hold for me till my cycles done :)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
None really.... Threw a few shore/rock crabs in for the cycle.... Dosing zeobak and zeo start to boost things along a bit...... Went for a drie up to Asquith yesterday nice setup and nice blokes there ! bought some really nice acans that he's gunna hold for me till my cycles done :)