Tank Journal Archive

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Just got home from work ..... Ill post up some pics tomorrow when the lights are back on :)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
You should se the ones they had in there display ! Made me nearly cry that they weren't for sale !!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Do I see a third tank on the horizon Chimaera?
Noooooooooooo ........well, maybe a little pico ... haha. At some stage I want to look at a 3ft shallow cube or similar, but would consolidate the other tanks into that if I do get one. Not likely for a year or so anyway.

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Yeah I hadn't seen any really nice ones till the other day and Nicd showed me some of the ultras that an be found... Then this came up today and I jumped on it :) i now have 6 corals to o in this tank and its about 3 days into its cycle !!!

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I'm gunna try and hold off on fish for a bit and see if I can't find a psych mandarin that's eating prep food ! It's my absolute favourite of ALL marine fish and one hovering around a yasha would be freakin amazing ! No doubt ill get impatient and go back to the decoras pretty quick tho :/

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Very nice find on the wil! Speak with GPSmart about a tank raised Mandy, they take nls from word go

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
So with the help of really fresh LR zeobak and zeo start I have gone thru my cycle in just over a week ! Ammo an no3 both at zero and no2 was at 4ppm.... Did a 50% WC and added a TINY (read 1cm) domino damsel and some micro hermits as the first in habitants

The sand that I have used is 0.5-1mm sugar fine so you can see how small the hermits are ^_^

Attachments

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
I am Matt :) clearly minus the reactor of course... Everything is going really quickly and exactly as described !