Tank Journal Archive

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Zeebulls 100x100x50cm rimless reef
sunny1.JPG
Introduction:

This is my 4th proper marine tank since the early 90s and most of the equipment and livestock has come from my old 5x2x2

System Objectives:
To have a glass box that shows of the corals and fish in a natural as possible fashion

Type of reef:
Mixed reef, which is SPS dominated
Display System:

Initial Fill Date:
Mid April 2012

Display Tank Dimensions:
100x100x50cm Three sides 12mm opti clear glass with 15mm base and back. Rimless with laser cut weir and bevelled and polished edges

Display Lighting:
Ati powermodule 10x39w

Stand:
840mm DIY with removable laminated panels

Hood or Rimless:
Rimless

Sump Design:
850L x 620W x 350H basic 3 chamber with Ecolamp LED strip over live rock /macro section

Support systems:

NSW or ASW:
NSW from Paul at Clear Oceans

Display Water circulation:
Vortech MP60 on reef crest running on about 90%

Return Pump:
Red dragon 3500lt

Skimmer:
ATB medium cone

Evaporation Top Up:
Turbo's DIY auto top up
Chemical additions:

Calcium Addition:
Randy's 3 part via Kamoer dosing pump
Alkilinity Addition:
Magnesium Addition:

Prodibiotics Addition:
Running around 1lt of bio pellets in a marine sources pellet reactor.
Also running GAC in a TLF 150 reactor

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Thanks Guys , I promise more Pics soon.
Got to get my old ass off to bed.
:welcome, love this tank.
ever considered black backing?
Yeah I did consider it when planning, but decided to play it safe and go blue. Now that I have the weir cover which is black im thinking black might have been a better idea:(

shane_h

Feb 3, 2012
Slide a piece of black acrylic in there? Would hide weir silicon joints also.
Looks good blue though.

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Slide a piece of black acrylic in there? Would hide weir silicon joints also.
Looks good blue though.
Yeah when I ordered the weir comb I wanted it to be 700mm wide which would have covered the whole weir, but the glass cutters in their wisdom made it 710mm :mad:
one day I will get a new one made
is it a painted back surface or vinyl?
Vinyl . Apart from it being a pain to change now I like the way that the blue brightens the tank ( well when its clean at least) I worry, while the black gives a nice contrast it makes the tank look a bit dull . Specially as the stand is black as well.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Wow awesome tank - given this is only just filled, assume all that SPS is from your previous tank. Is that huge piece on the left Dallas?

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Any chance of not drinking before the FTS and getting them level :p

Seriously, very nice looking tank you have there.I really wish I could have had simialr dimensions when I moved my tank last time. I love the deeper, shallow look . And the activity (even though it's a still you know the Anthias are always going to me moving).

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Wow awesome tank - given this is only just filled, assume all that SPS is from your previous tank. Is that huge piece on the left Dallas?
Thanks mate, Yeah all the SPS are from the old tank . Surely is Dallas, has lost some of its deep green but still is growing like crazy.

Awesome tank :) Colours are popping!!
Thanks Sid. some corals that I have had for ages are colouring up nicely under the ATI

Very nice!!

You really meant "shut" us up didn't you ;)
:cool::D Now that would just be plain rude

Any chance of not drinking before the FTS and getting them level :p

Seriously, very nice looking tank you have there.I really wish I could have had simialr dimensions when I moved my tank last time. I love the deeper, shallow look . And the activity (even though it's a still you know the Anthias are always going to me moving).
Thats the problem I don't have a drink in my other hand counter reacting the heavy camera:confused:
The size is great . It basically holds the same as my old 5x2x2 but with so much more room for scaping.

V

'vspec'

Even smelling like moth balls, you pull off a shop display with ease. Well done bud.
First rounds on me tonight. (Although I've already stolen your wallet,) so I'll get the remainder ok ;)