Tank Journal Archive

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Are they just normal hinged doors?
No they are just clip on panels , which I thought would be good but think doors may have been better. One good thing is it stops me from playing around in the sump more than I should
Beautiful tank zeebull. Well done :)
great tank-nice aquascape
It's such a beautiful setup, easily one of the best out there at the moment :).
Jamie.
Thanks guys really appreciated :)

Even smelling like moth balls, you pull off a shop display with ease. Well done bud.
First rounds on me tonight. (Although I've already stolen your wallet,) so I'll get the remainder ok ;)
See with great power age comes great responsibility experience. Tag along youngen you mite learn something :eek

V

'vspec'

Nice dude. Very nice.

From the Pandoran handbook "Its hard to fill a cup that's already full". ~ So dont expect miracles on the learning front unless it has XXX attached.
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_whistling.gif

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
That's a nice mix of fish you have there!

Do you find the copper band easy enough to keep?
Have had him since mid Feb 2012 . Actually collected him myself while looking for some peppermint shrimp in Brissy. He was the size of a 5 cent coin when I caught him and now is around the 50 cent size .
For the first month it only picked around the rocks but now is eating everything that hits the water.
heres a pic of his first day in my old tank
ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc211_zeebull_Butterfly1.jpg

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
I want your purple tang!!! so jealous.
Yeah he is a great fish. When I set this tank up I did consider getting rid of him along with my blue tang as I only wanted smallish fish but he has such a gentle nature I just couldn't do It.

Do they have names?
Most of them do. Not real; original thou
Lori Anthias- Tigger and Tassie
Copper band - Cooper
Kole tang - Colin
yellow gobie- Heidi
Royal gramma- Granny
Sunburst Anthia - Sunny
Clowns - Mr & Mrs clowny
Redline shrimp - Pepe& Piere
:eek:p

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Have had him since mid Feb 2012 . Actually collected him myself while looking for some peppermint shrimp in Brissy. He was the size of a 5 cent coin when I caught him and now is around the 50 cent size .
For the first month it only picked around the rocks but now is eating everything that hits the water.
heres a pic of his first day in my old tank
ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc211_zeebull_Butterfly1.jpg
Nice!! He's a cool little character! I wish I was still back in brissie now!!

I missed the post about the doors thanks for that. I asked as I was thinking about doing the same thing with the whole front I didn't think about using two pieces. Are you using the ones that you push on to pop open?

zeebull

Apr 24, 2012
Toowoomba
Played around with a friends wide angle lens the other day. I like this shot gives you a bit of a feeling that you are in the tank.

50M_4865Sm.jpg

Was emptying the skimmer cup today and dropped it into the sump , spilling about 1 lt of dark stinky crap back into the tank.:(:eek:mad:
Skimmer has been going crazy ever since and have probably pulled about 1/2 of it out again so far.
Hopefully wont have to big a impact on things

Cat figures she can pick out here own dinner now. "Ill have that one, no no , that one :D"

50M_4834Sm.jpg

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
That's really nice tank @ zeebull, pretty fish to!

Got to hate dropping that skimmer cup, that's just wrong, least you know your skimmer is working well if it's pulled half of it out again. I love how cat's just sit there & watch the tank, dreams are free when your a pussy cat lol. :D

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
You have my cat! Well, the female version of him. This was just three weeks ago ... I think he doubled in size since then. Little sod has had his paws in my pico tanks too ...
alh6.googleusercontent.com__Pxm2YRjP_wQ_T6H0Lj9ScAI_AAAAAAAACYw_t_TxoswssWw_s640_DSC00125.JPG

V

'vspec'

Zee, I liked the FTS dude.

Amazed at how many fishkeepers, keep cats as well. Its freaky!