Tank Journal Archive

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
They are good and nearly used to me hangin around the tank. Dispars aren't that fussy either they scoff down flake and frozen though the 1mm nls is a bit big. They have also brought out the decora and the Blenny is moving around a lot more too.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Love a school of Anthias, looks good Sarg. Are they eating well for you?

I would lift the height of one of them bommies. Left or right one. Would take away that straight line and make your scape look larger too ;).

Pop out the Dslr and gives us some real shots!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Haha posted at the same time.

I pulled the middle bommie apart to find a piece of monti and of course didn't go back together properly but worked out better as it made it a little deeper.

As soon as I can find some branchy rock like what I got off you I need to add some to the right side as it is empty behind the front of it as I ran out of rock :(

And yeah they eat well.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looking good, love the anthias! Agree with vp on the rocks, needs a bit of variation somewhere.

Really glad the nem is doing well, looks as big as ever in that pic.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Good to see everything has recovered from the move - good work :)
A couple of new monti's have lost their colour which is to be expected I guess. I have a plating monti that I brought brown only cause I could see purply/blue polyps and it is coloring up nicely into a nice green colour but I guess it's adapted to my water quality.

Phosphates according to my kit are above .64 which probably doesn't help lol I'm going to get a Hanna soon to make sure that's correct though. My acro and other monti's don't seem to mind.

Chimera the nem will be fine though I little bit smaller. I wonder wether it will fully grow back?? The anthias are good gives it a bit of life and hopefully the yellow will swim around some more with them. I recon dispars are fairly underrated the colours are nice and the males colour up even better. My fish list still needs a coral beauty, copperband and a mandarin. I've decided I'm going to upgrade my skimmer down the track to handle a larger bioload so until then the Mandy will be the only extra fish ill get till then.... I think :) If you see any of that branchy sort of live rock I have in your travels drop me a line hey ;) The right side will be a touch higher eventually.

Thanks Sidd :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
A few quick pics i took on the slr before heading out to work....

new coral pics2 002 (Large).jpg

Two of my montis are up behind the anthias. The have dulled after the move. I cant wait for them to colour back up the one on the left is a rainbow. Its green and towards the edges the polyps turn red and the fringe of the monti goes from green to blue. The one on the right is a superman. Next payday if ernie still have a reverse i'll grab one for sure!

new coral pics2 004 (Large).jpg

Anthias are going to need a photo shoot on their own!

new coral pics2 007 (Large).jpg

The redspot still kickin on. He hasnt touched the nori since I said in another post he was eating it. I have got him eating small amounts of New era algae flakes. He has tasted nls a few times but always spits so atm its just flake and frozen :( I that is enough to keep him going.

new coral pics2 012 (Large).jpg

new coral pics2 030 (Large).jpg

Its funny how looking at clams from certain anlges produce different colours. This one is mostly Blue,Green and gold but from the side on its just blue.

new coral pics2 038 (Large).jpg

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Thanks Priscara, they do move around a lot!

Cheers Pube, I want one more though i dont think I could fit 13 :)

Here's an iPhone pic from above...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353637375.412730.jpg

If the camera would focus through the glass at an angle I pic would get the blue,green and gold.

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Amazing how different they look at different angles, it is very nice. I only got 4 or 5 now. Sold the rest.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Starring into the tank now wondering where to put it lol.... I think I need to rescape a bit lol Doing a lot of Goni research atm :)

Took a quick pic of the Blenny....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353983875.376823.jpg

And the rainbow....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353983911.715892.jpg

Vp said if they get to much led light they turn red so I have it part in the shade but it still has developed a redish tinge to it!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looks like my rhodactis is slitting. I have read they can do this but does something have to be wrong for it to happen?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354416830.339554.jpg