Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That right hand lobo is great!

Haha I had a visual of a fish carrying around his 'pair' and pointing them out to every passer by.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Well I was hooking up my chiller and just about to give it its first run in a bucket and I heard the blood curdling screams of a child who was stuffing around with a sash window a slammed his fingers in it. Talk about gross trying to lift up the window while a Harry is scream and his wedged fingers keeping it closed :(

Anyway while I'm sitting here in emergency and they tape up his finger (no breaks) here is a pick of Mr Yellow eating some nori :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354949664.727976.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Wow glad there were no breaks! Those type of windows (if I remember the ones you mean) are a bit lethal ...

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
A close call for sure, they can make a mess of fingers. Cheer him up and tell him he will need to use the other hand for nose picking for a while :D.

Great pic of the tang!

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Geez Buddy - you;re pretty handy with a camera. Might have to get you around to take some pics once I get some decent lighting...

Looking good Sarg - really spewing I missed the BBQ.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Geez Buddy - you;re pretty handy with a camera. Might have to get you around to take some pics once I get some decent lighting...

Looking good Sarg - really spewing I missed the BBQ.
No problem, shoot me a pm if you want! They come out pretty good for just a standard lens kit!

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I doubled the photos up for you :p

I am worried.... about trying to keep him fed :eek he eats so damned much im worried he will go rouge just for more food! Flake,frozen and occasionally nls, his getting better with that, he scoffs it all! Im going to make up some home made stuff and see if that keeps him full. All he does is swim around pecking at the rocks.... it keeps me on edge lol

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Fish (short) list will probably be....

2 clowns, probably just perc or occy's (these will be the first fish in)
Lawnmower Blenny, personally I love the look of them
3 x schooling fish, undecided as to which maybe Bangaii Cardinals but they may require more than 3 as they may get cranky with the odd one out if they pair up. The Anthias look nice but i'd have to go the easiest to care for.
Mandarin
Copper banded butterfly, unsure as I have read they are prone to parasite infection, gill flukes seem to get a mention.
Sixline wrasse, Stunning fish!
Coral Beauty.

thats all I can think of at the moment. Far from a final list.... well clowns,blenny and the mandarin are... but we will see what happens ;)
hmmm stuck pretty close to this list :)

Currently have......

two clowns..... check
yellow tang..... unplanned but welcome
Decora goby..... see above
5 Dispar anthias.... I did mention them and these ones are easy check
Coral Beauty..... check
Redspot Blenny.... decided on a smaller blenny that the lawnmower but blenny check!

Just got to sort out the mandy :)

Stuck fairly close to what I said I would. Chickened out on the copperband though vp got me scared that it may eat my clam but I guess i have the same risk with the beauty. My other option was going to be a dwarf lion (love lionfish!) but it had its minus' too.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Looking good sarg, those dispars are cool looking fish for being such cheap simple to keep anthias.