Tank Journal Archive

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Thanks for the comments!

Chimera I just lost my favorite hammer so something must have been wrong :( once your new racks come in I can tidy up the sand a bit, after the BBQ I ended up with more frags than I was trying to get rid of ;)

Josh they are cool fish I'm working on getting a nice still photo of them. The colours on them as the swim around and when the newly formed lad flashes the ladies he is so colourful.

The coral beauty is so far well behaved salty fingers crossed he stays that way :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
The multi coloured one you gave me :( part of it looked sad and I lopped it off but I think I left it to long then the rest went to :(

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Yes yes it was :(

Also I have noticed that one of my anthias looks like he has dislocated his jaw anyone know how to fix it? Ill post it in the fish section to.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Little bit of a photo update. Not much else is happening. Fish are eating corals are growing. Blenny tries to eat my hand every time I stick it in the tank. you'd think i'd know its coming by now but I still jump six foot in the air and rip my hand out of the tank.I think I am mostly happy with where my scape is at. Once i get my new Black Rock Reef frag rack I can clean up the sandbed a little. Going to run some rowaphos to get the phos down then decide on a way to keep it there, it will either be zeostart3 or pellets. The male anthia fixed his own jaw. Maybe it was just damaged and it has now healed?

Anyhoo a few pics...

The anthias

coral 6 004 (Large).jpg

coral 6 030 (Large).jpg

Once the flow is off they go for a swim.

coral 6 018 (Large).jpg

Sleeping late :)

coral 6 033 (Large).jpg

Loving this lobo even not under blues it is stunning!

coral 6 024 (Large).jpg

rainbow lobo 009 (Large).jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That lobo is great, and glad the anthia's jaw is back to normal! Frag rack will be on its way shortly ;)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Cheers Leo! Any of your anthias turned male yet? If not wait for the colours!

I love it its starting really colour up now. And the rack will make things neater lol come and grab that acan anytime too.

Reeflections BBQ tonight ;)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@Sarg, the tank is looking great mate :)

You have got me thinking about the anthia's - any reason why you settled on 5? How often are you feeding them?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
pretty sur ei bought a male when i got my 5 to make sure they're cool with each other...colors are amazing

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
@Sarg, the tank is looking great mate :)

You have got me thinking about the anthia's - any reason why you settled on 5? How often are you feeding them?
I got five because when I went to get my three that I requested of Ernie the price ended up being $5 cheaper per fish so I brought 5. I got all females and let them sort out who would be boss.

I got dispars because they were a. cheap and b. they apparently ate well.... Which they did! Mysis,brine,red plankton,cycolps,flake and pellets though pellets are hit and miss, if I turn the flow off they hide if I keep it on they miss a few. I normally feed pellets twice a day flake twice a day (two types) and frozen twice a day (half cube). That schedule varies depending on when I'm home. These guys seem to be thriving with what they get though.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I think it was acro al posted over on masa that he recons dispar are fine with one feed per day. I only feed like I do to try and stop any waste.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Hmmmmmmm... might have to see if I can talk my wife into feeding them during the day.
Get an auto feeder for the pallets. My ehiem can be scheduled for 4 times a day, each time you can also setup for either 1 drum rotation or 2 - does 1 waits a minute then the second. Works like a dream with NLS pallets. Beat time saving value for money item yet I think.