Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Haha I go through phases, it's weird to say this but it was funner when my tank stuffed up all the time I never have to touch this tank ro water and food that's all I do :rolleyes:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
That's cause Lps is boring
yeah it just colors up with little effort :P ,
in saying that tho i dont have time for it anyway so maybe its for the best have so many other projects on at the moment so im glad it looks beautiful and i can just enjoy it without the stress of maintaining it

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
its always the same with us guys...as soon as the project gets to the point where it is finished...we become bored. I call it the 'Mario Theory' (there is probably a proper scientific name but i dont know it)...I realised when I was younger and played mario that I would wait all day at school just to get home and play...When i started, i was so excited to be able to jump to collect a mushroom or star...after a while that becomes easy and it takes more to thrill my playing...then eventually when the game is finished I am so bored of it and need a new fix. At the start of reefing you crave a good vortech or led light...all your thoughts and money are going towards this one object and then once you get it, the thrill is gone. If you have achieved a good tank and it does everything you want it to do...its time for a new game. I think you should leave that one in its place to look beautiful and start a new tank!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
its always the same with us guys...as soon as the project gets to the point where it is finished...we become bored. I call it the 'Mario Theory' (there is probably a proper scientific name but i dont know it)...I realised when I was younger and played mario that I would wait all day at school just to get home and play...When i started, i was so excited to be able to jump to collect a mushroom or star...after a while that becomes easy and it takes more to thrill my playing...then eventually when the game is finished I am so bored of it and need a new fix. At the start of reefing you crave a good vortech or led light...all your thoughts and money are going towards this one object and then once you get it, the thrill is gone. If you have achieved a good tank and it does everything you want it to do...its time for a new game. I think you should leave that one in its place to look beautiful and start a new tank!
The Mario Theory applies to me regularly!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
@JimmmyDannng what website? im allways on FB just not the reef groups i left them :D

the mario effect is so true with me once i finish my projects i get bored as hell!

JimmmyDannng

Feb 21, 2013
Sydney
Reefuge..this one. Lol you seem to be me popular here. How do you see this group? Worth me making a tank journal and posting on classifieds?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
the reefuge is the most tight nit community i have ever been involved with, its a great place to meet some like minded people chat about reefing or just learn new stuff! , this is not my site but i helped create it into what it is today with the help of the rest of the staff! post up a tj mate id love to follow it!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
added a few new additions. a cleaner wrasse, a standard orange clown, a black and white clown and a coral goby, will be interesting to see if they get chased out!

JimmmyDannng

Feb 21, 2013
Sydney
I've got two yellows in my tank..they're harmless. But i added the second last week and all it does is follow the other one around, they're gonna pair up soon I hope. Also got two blacks. :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
so far its the cleaner thats been picked on. my lemon peel smashed him a little when he went in but i think its stopped now so we will see if it survives the night!

JimmmyDannng

Feb 21, 2013
Sydney
Both of mine made me angry, they both host my small maxima clam which was on the rocks..they snuggled in it so much, it doesn't open properly..so he's now on the sand bed..

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
looks like they are all still alive and my lemon peel is dealing with his new tank mates. :rolleyes