Tank Journal Archive

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
not to sure depends what its made out of i guess, does yours go like mine how some pieces go grey? i realy love the texture it gives off
yeah it looks great! i thought it was a mixed bag of substrate, under the blue's looks really nice. i havent really given mine chance to do anything its only been running a month so time will tell! i have it 2inch thick which i heard is too shallow for a dsb and too deep to be stirring around, would you reccoment removing some while its still an unstocked tank?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
If you have 2mm substrate 2 inch won't be enough for a dsb, you shouldn't stir your substrate in general realy, I run like 2cm thick so quite thin

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
yeah it looks great! i thought it was a mixed bag of substrate, under the blue's looks really nice. i havent really given mine chance to do anything its only been running a month so time will tell! i have it 2inch thick which i heard is too shallow for a dsb and too deep to be stirring around, would you reccoment removing some while its still an unstocked tank?
I'm with Matt - your sandbed should be as shallow as possible without showing bare areas in high flow - so 2cm or so is about right. It's mostly for look rather than effect.

Reactions: MTG

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
biggest show off, just as i thought my tank was looking ok with my lonely piece of coral, this puts me right back in my place haha, amazing man well done!
illumagic FTW :P

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
biggest show off, just as i thought my tank was looking ok with my lonely piece of coral, this puts me right back in my place haha, amazing man well done!
illumagic FTW :p
you will get there mate, your tank is a nice setup :D
thanks for the feedback!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Whoops to much coral snow, will be interesting to see its effect as it juts essentialy put in enough for 2000l's
uploadfromtaptalk1361969612238.jpg