Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Very interesting articles, a lot of it went over my head but I really just browsed (for now) instead of reading fully other than the aquascaping one. I love my tank but have been thinking a lot lately of trying to do something different in my next one other than just throw rock into piles, keeps the mind active if nothing else so see where it leads me :)

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
must say those articles are a lot to take in, but a good read. Will have to go back through to wrap my head around it a little better

saint

Jan 23, 2012
Love the look of this tank!

Im curious, does the hammers sting the zoas since they look like they are touching and any other corals fighting that are close to each other?

again great tank!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Love the look of this tank!

Im curious, does the hammers sting the zoas since they look like they are touching and any other corals fighting that are close to each

again great tank!
Thanks for the kinds words mate!
And @everyone who left a comment.
Yes the hammers hurt the zoas as they touch.
Haven't had the hammers attack anything as I don't think there is anything in the tank to get them fired up about. If there was a Torch for instance I think War would be on.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Tanks looking amazing mate :) Great work ......I went off the stones for a while as well , Just about to reinstall them tho

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Not much has happened at Aitutaki recently, looking at the photos and glancing at the tank I can see a lot of growth on my SPS- I guess my tanks running along smoothly, done no testing of water params for months. Made 11 GSP frags the other day might take them to my LFS soon.
Oh I forgot..., since running the ComboRay with the inclusion of other colours I have noticed a shift in colour on a zoa colony. What was once Coopers green centres have turned a butter / avocado green - very interesting to say the least. I guess my hammers have also turned into a flouro pale yellow.
Enjoy the weekend Reefers and keep up those water changes..... Now off to see my Guppy collection in the spare room.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Forgot to mention one of my 6055s died a couple of weeks ago. Haven't figured out if it is the transformer or what, that's my hunch as I bought them a month apart, one set runs the new transformers and vibration dampners. We will see when I get time to play fishtanks over the weekend. All I can add is that I ran them on 30 and 90 percent on the 22 volt jumpers since the tank was created.
Meh, no big deal :)