Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
As you can see on the previous page program 1 and program 2 are different.
I will write down the values for both programs and then give my program that I decided to use.
It is going to be tedious and boring so please forgive me in advance:banghead

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Here are the Factory settings for the dynamic P1 and P2 .
My settings are also listed.
You will notice that my settings are similar to the factory settings, however I have chosen to run a more blue tank after experimenting with lighting intensity for about a year. Since these lights are the 2:1 ratio of white to blue, my opinion and observation is that the factory white output settings were too powerful for a tank of my depth. I have noticed increased colour and polyp extension throughout the day when running these settings.

Attachments

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Sadly had to head into work this morning comrades! But will follow up with pics.
Got 9 Royal Blue , 6 x 420nm violet and 3 cyan
90 degree optics on RB and violet. No optics on the cyan due to its strength in blending homogenously .
My current lighting combination is running perfectly, looking forward to seeing the effect of the 420nm from the ComboRay

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Ran the ComboRay this morning and was pleased with the combination of LED.
The lights are really powerful.
There is no spotlighting at all.
Can't decide if I will take a Blaze unit off or sneak this between the two units.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Comboray1.jpg
Comboray2.jpg

The Comboray reminds me a lot about the the first gen Blaze units colour rendition, something that I miss a little bit.
I am loving the addition of Cyan in the mix, I personally would not add more than one cyan to a 30cm unit as the effect is quite strong, having no lense kit on the cyan blends the light perfectly in with the others.
The addition of the Violet is what most of us are excited about.....I am not sure what colour is doing it but the washed out orange on my Eagle Eye Zoas are now no longer washed out but a richer orange red under the Comboray. Time will tell if the flourescent proteins shift and colour differently.
Comboray3.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Left to right.
Rb violet Rb cyan violet Rb Rb violet cyan Rb violet Rb Rb violet cyan Rb violet Rb.

I think where the two Rb's are side by side a CW without optics could go in to make it a bit whiter , but I have 2:1 ratio in my old S model so this works a treat.
Might run this unit for 4 hours a day, still got to figure out how I will incorporate it into the lighting program.