Reef Discussion

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
i don't see a negative aspect of the product. which for some resion makes me a skeptic lol sounds a little to good to be true. watch too much last night tv i guess :p

a 500ml : $100 will last me for 3 years assuming no shelf life and a 3.3 ml dose on a 700L tank unless if got my math wrong. which i think is quite cheap considering the purposed benefit.

do u know if the shipping cost can be payed by paypal?

mite wait for the ginie pigs to try it first :p
Recommend just ordering a sample for now. Sit on it till some folks have trialed it and have some results for you. Yes you can always order and pay for product or sample and postage via paypal. Take a couple of minutes to read thru FAQs and Dosing instructions on our site.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
Wanted to make everyone aware of a recent change in our FAQs
Can I use other nutrients or nutrient balancing products with Nualgi Aquarium?
Correct dosage of Nualgi is generally sufficient to re-establish the natural food chain in the water thereby precluding the need to use other nutrients or nutrient balancing products. However it is not advisable to make abrupt changes to current practices that are working. As Nualgi starts to deliver results, you may carefully experiment in reducing the dosage of other nutrients.

As Nualgi produces food for corals, it leads to coral growth and polyp extension. Corals also stay open longer when using Nualgi. This increases the demand for Calcium in tanks with a large number of hard and soft corals. This can throw off the pH and dKH levels as they are inter-connected with Calcium. We recommend that for such tanks, Calcium levels should be carefully monitored and boosted when necessary.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
It's a hard balance to give enough information to satisfy the 'how it works' question without giving away your product. The scepticism comes from being sold products like magnesium supplements when you can just dissolve epsom salts at a stupendous reduction in cost.

I'll give it a crack to see how it impacts my coral growth and health. Sounds like it would be best used in a system that has closely monitored and adjusted macro nutrient levels.

For some reason I can't see the form on the page @Anil Nanda ?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
It's a hard balance to give enough information to satisfy the 'how it works' question without giving away your product. The scepticism comes from being sold products like magnesium supplements when you can just dissolve epsom salts at a stupendous reduction in cost.

I'll give it a crack to see how it impacts my coral growth and health. Sounds like it would be best used in a system that has closely monitored and adjusted macro nutrient levels.

weird you will be hearing this but.....use internet explorer, doesnt work on filefox and was pretty flimsy on chrome

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014

On our FAQ page, we provide all the components of what is contained in Nualgi. The proprietary technology is in the fact that we were able to load 12 nutrients on a nano scale on a nano-silica base...some of these repel each other so it is quite a significant breakthrough in the world of physics and chemistry! We are looking into the web issues you are confronting.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
On our FAQ page, we provide all the components of what is contained in Nualgi. The proprietary technology is in the fact that we were able to load 12 nutrients on a nano scale on a nano-silica base...some of these repel each other so it is quite a significant breakthrough in the world of physics and chemistry! We are looking into the web issues you are confronting.
Absolutely agree on the difficulty you must have had orchestrating a product like this.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
We have been shipping for last 3 months without any issues. Nualgi is a nutrient with common ingredients found in fertilizers. So we don't expect it to be contentious

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
What have most people who are ordering these samples decided to do with the dosing of it?
Are you going to maintain whatever you're currently dosing and just add the Nualgi?
From what I've read, it says not to stop any current dosing.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Yeah just going to manually add once a week. Not change anything else, not really a fair test if you change other things.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
What have most people who are ordering these samples decided to do with the dosing of it?
Are you going to maintain whatever you're currently dosing and just add the Nualgi?
From what I've read, it says not to stop any current dosing.
Yes, we recommend current dosing regime and keeping an eye on your parameters. As the tank becomes algae free, the water is clear and marine life is active then you can experiment with nuagi, nutrients, water changes gfo, lighting duration, feed etc. There is a video on our website of a trialist called Chris Dale. He has a skimmer, ro/di water and nualgi and a fully balanced tank. Suggest you view that. He sends us his parameters each week on a spreadsheet. If you email us, we can send you those. If you don't see results in 3-4 weeks, we can provide support through our troubleshooter - Joe. We have one in 20 tanks that does not respond to nualgi right away. So we ask you to keep in touch through this forum or the forum on our website as you work through your trial. nualgi is not a silver bullet. It works well with good husbandry.