Reef Discussion

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
decided to bite the cookie and try it.

did notice the when i first stringed it out it was clear in colour. so i guess shaking is required has a green/brown tint to it. added 5.3ml

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i do it because i zone out for 5 seconds and shake it naturally while staring at the tank ill make a mental note to keep being a weirdo and continue to do that lol

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I've noticed quite a few bubbles raising from my sand now a couple of days following dose two. Is this expected? Or could it be from something else?

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
I've noticed quite a few bubbles raising from my sand now a couple of days following dose two. Is this expected? Or could it be from something else?
Sam, we have had a few guys report this issue...not sure exactly what in your tank might be causing it. The good news is that in all these cases, folks have told us that it stopped after a couple of days or even hours. At the very least, it means Nualgi is starting to work.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I know I hate @Sam Parker as much as I hate Peter Parker (I don't but it rhymed) but I'd never wish cyano on his beautiful tank :( hope it eases up Sam keep an eye on it

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
What was your dosage and tank volume? I didn't notice any cloudiness at all, but could be a bit of a bacteria bloom (which is a good thing)

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
did my first dose yesterday morning and today my tank is a bit cloudy is this normal?
Yes, thats your diatom bloom..should clear out in a few hours. In case you havent, take a peek at our FAQs - explains how it works.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Got my stuff today, just in time to see the beginnings of some lovely brown slimy algae forming on the big system's rocks!