Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
They were pretty cool, the purple from the illumagics would make them all that much better as well. I dont think those things ever hid either? Anthias seem to take a while to get used to you and then when guests come around they hide again

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
yeah they were really active fish and didn't dart away when you came close to the tank, hmmm I think I may get them instead of the anthias

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I was looking at the pics online i swear i didn't rememeber them being green ontop

Yeah, I had 3 of those in a 4footer about 10 years back and they bullied a picasso trigger 5 times their size.

You used to have some awesome zoas in that frag tank

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I did, i'll get another collection going soon enough, may even put a 90w LED over the sump and use that as frag area for zoas and SPS ;)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
it was just baby live brine you pumped onto them that made them grow that quick wasnt it?

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
the zoas? Ive always used refroids and brightwell coral foods, and that tank was 300mm high and had 2 x 250w MH's over it so that would of helped ;)

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
nah nothing really, the brown is going and the green is coming, will get a CUC in there in the next few weeks I guess. Still havent done the weir, something else I will get around to.

Usually I go full steam ahead with setting up tanks, this one, dunno, just not keen to blow loads (lol) of dosh getting it done; im trying to build a gaming rig pc to replace my HTPC, which is an OK gaming rig, just doesnt cut it so putting funds into that ;) I just keep telling the wife " the PC will run so much better if I get a 850w PSU and an ATI HD6970 video card, you'll be able to play ALL your HD videos on the new PC!!"

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
oh we still have the wedding album to pay for and i need a haircut and new shoes for work but the PC and tank are way more important :)