Tank Journal Archive

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
the pulstating Xenia & Morphs has been doing great in the tank and no more fish deaths ( touch wood ) the anthasis have been feeding more , which would help them

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
yes it has i have another spare lots in thr 2ft which is going great as well, the first time i have completed fragging and its going great guns, next challenge is morphs

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
easist way with morphs is leave them where they are and just cut them down the centre through the mouth, they will then separate into two morphs

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Weekly Update

Slate Starfish Feeding it at least every couple of days with zoo plankton - Oh Boy you know when its been feeding with its little tentelces out .

Stombus are going great guns in the tank and have been doing laps around the tank

Anthasis - have started to be feed in the morning twice and twice at night as well, with a break between both of them.

Blue Tang is going great guns

No new fish added to the tank

On thrusday next week ( Australia Day ) Salt water Change and maintance time

2 urchins are doing great

Morphs are going great guns

Levels

Salinity :1.024
Ph:8.4
Phos 0.50
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Havent had time to test with the red sea test kit, as i have to work overtime tomorrow to pay for more new toys for the tank.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
hi all,
It has been now 6 weeks and the levels has been great and no changes to the levels at all, the fish are doing well and eating like pigs , i am wondering if i can add a new fish to the tank, these are currently waiting in the 2ft tank so far to be transferred across to this tank.or do i want another couple of more weeks, before adding any more fish, i have added morphs and they are doing great at present.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Its only been 17 days since your last addition, key your hands wet in your other tank and leave this one alone :p

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
What about transfering across some of your soft corals to add a bit more interest?

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
The last pic of the morph, it hasnt fully opened up as yet, once it has i will take another pic, you cant see it until its fully open