Tank Journal Archive

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
I have added the following corals today to the tank

1 toxic Green Hammer
1 x Goni
1 x Duncan
Not sure what the others are, as i had a field day at the store , as the owner said to me bag what i want and i get 20% off and i went nuts at the shop.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Last Saturday i went to my lfs and got some new globes for the tank, for the night light, They were the blue ones. So the tank looks awersome now at night with these on, and the fluro toxi hammer i got stands right out and the fluro goni as well

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Today i started to shut down my other tank. i have moved some of my live rock from old tank to the new tank, and rescaped the tank again. which was fun( Not just joking ) My only cern is now when i move the yellow tang into the bigger tank with the blue tang, will they fight at all, The Blue Tang has decided that he would chase the bird nose wrasse this moring. I hope i dont have to get rid of him.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
If you are going to have a blue tang and yellow tang together you would be better having the yellow in first. The blue is the more territorial of the two and may not welcome another fish.

That being said, your tank is fairly large and they may have enough room to keep out of each others way.

Any chance you can keep your existing tank going for a bit longer, just to see how they go? That way if there are problems you can move the blue into the existing tank for a few weeks whilst the yellow establishes itself.

You should know within a few days if there are going to be problems.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
The Yellow Tang went into the tank this afternoon, Well no issues, they have swim past each other with no issues at all, all that worrying for nothing now. give it a couple of days

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Now the tank has the following fish

1 x Hawaii yellow tang
1 x Blue Tang
1 x green bird nose wrasse
1 x lemon peel angel
1 x pair of Anthias
1 x pair clown fish
2 x strobies
1 x slate star fish