News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011

Just thought I should mention, as the creator of the video did not put it in there. Under CISPA, it takes away the freedom to protest. If you are caught protesting, even if you HAVE NOT participated in violent behavior, the US Government has the right to arrest you and jail you for up to five years. Read the following.

(3) Whoever commits or attempts to commit any act to obstruct, impede, or interfere with any fireman or law enforcement officer lawfully engaged in the lawful performance of his official duties incident to and during the commission of a civil disorder which in any way or degree obstructs, delays, or adversely affects commerce or the movement of any article or commodity in commerce or the conduct or performance of any federally protected function— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. (b) Nothing contained in this section shall make unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer which is performed in the lawful performance of his official duties.
Oh yes, just in case you thought the same thing as I did when you read "or adversely affects commerce or the movement of any article or commodity in commerce or the conduct or performance of any federally protected function" then you are right. If you stop the money machine from making money, such as protesting in a park and the postman needs to go around you to get the parcel from point a to point b, you can potentially go to jail for it.

This is only in the USA, but information stored on servers hosted in the USA is up for grabs.

V

'vspec'

America can kiss my fat ,white, 1st class ropeable citizen ass!
Its a pitty, because I like Americans, even have a few American mates, but I'm drawing the line on America and its quest to own the world by what ever means it can.

I personally refuse to travel through America any more, so show me a way around America electronicly if you can people, or I will try to take the below action! .

1. American governmental spooks, run these words through your filter programs "Go F%^K Yourself."
  2. Email will be accessed in the Switzerland, Netherlands or some other freak little country that actually values privacy, Providing its not routed through f%^king America on the way here!
  3. All else fails, drop the electronic world and go back to old school thinking. I'm sure previous generations did just fine without it!
V-out

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
America can kiss my fat ,white, 1st class ropeable citizen ass!
Its a pitty, because I like Americans, even have a few American mates, but I'm drawing the line on America and its quest to own the world by what ever means it can.

I personally refuse to travel through America any more, so show me a way around America electronicly if you can people, or I will try to take the below action! .

1. American governmental spooks, run these words through your filter programs "Go F%^K Yourself."
  2. Email will be accessed in the Switzerland, Netherlands or some other freak little country that actually values privacy, Providing its not routed through f%^king America on the way here!
  3. All else fails, drop the electronic world and go back to old school thinking. I'm sure previous generations did just fine without it!
V-out
You can not drop the electronic world. It is our only means of uncensored information. We need to take it back.

You know, (& this could be classed as rambling)

We lost TheReefuge for a day or so in protest which Jen & I fully supported. It did bring the problem to the fore front of peoples minds that would never even think about the consequences of such a law being passed. Now we are all back in TheReefuge talking about it & how something can be done about CISPA.
In an earlier post from "God", she linked to a thread that suggested we all post a small file to Facebook & at the same time Anonymous would try to hack Facebook. That's fine, I will do that on 01/05/2012, but what happens when they restore power? Everyone jumps back onto Facebook & talks about how Anonymous crashed or tried to crash Facebook. What has this achieved? Public awareness from those who know about CISPA? yes, Has it solved anything? No, Are more people aware of CISPA now? Yes. After that, Facebook will just continue on like nothing has happened. This is a website that supports CISPA, why? because they have more access to OUR information. Why is it that nearly every APP that you download to your phone wants access to all your phone functions? it can post what it wants on your wall? Why do they need that? To gather information on you.
In another post from "God", he commented on how we as people act like sheep, we eat, sleep, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, go to work........ all in an effort to feed the corporate machine. We are compliant. So it will be the same with CISPA as with ANY large event, we will get over it & go back to being sheep.
Facebook & many other social media websites support CISPA, all these forums NEED you to exist. If you want to HURT these groups & really raise thier awareness as to how many people are against CISPA, upload the small file we have been asked, then DELETE your Facebook account. With no accounts, there is no Facebook, easy as that. Will they miss you? not a hope in hell! Will they miss a thousand accounts in a day? maybe, that's the point of it. A steady decline in numbers is the ONLY thing any large corporate business will understand or react to. Other then that, you can yell, scream, be outraged, protest, stamp your feet & hold your breath, it wont change a thing, why? because you will still use thier services, which is supporting them. Sheep.
Also in a post from "God", she said said nothing would be deleted from TheReefuge, it is just moved out of the public view. I suspect it would be the same with Facebook. Therefore I will be deleting everything I have uploaded into Facebook, then deleting my friends list, then deleting my Facebook account on the evening of 02/05/12. (Facebook will have recovered from the Anonymous hack by then) WHY do you need to use Facebook? You cant text, call, speak face to face or E-mail your friends?
So how did CISPA get passed? You dont think smart ass people behind the scenes thought how to get it passed? They would have put more thought into this then I have put into anything.

Senator 1. You go public & leak our PIPA quietly & people will jump up & down.
Senator 2. What are you going to do?
Senator 1. I will work behind the scenes & draw up Ummm CISPA.
Senator 2. Then I will leak SOPA & we can really watch them jump up & down.
Senator 1. I will then lodge CISPA while they are not looking.

Everyone is patting themselves on the back because they stopped PIPA & SOPA. Next thing you know, CISPA is heard about far to late, voted on before it was reported to be voted on, hey presto! new law passed, piece of piss really, could have done it in thier sleep huh. People are sheep & predicable, even on mass.
Want to piss them off & see how good "Echelon" really is??? spend an hour a day searching bomb making, the terrorists handbook or anything like that. Give the bastards SO much information to search through & see if Echelon can keep up. Could America extradite half the population from Australia & hold us all for up to 5 year's? c'mon now, that's just silly. Why are we STILL hearing very little about such a ground breaking law? that's easy, they dont want you to know. With so many world wide news reporters, papers, TV stations & radio, we still hear bugger all? You dont have to be a rocket scientist to work it out do you, or do you? :confused:

V

'vspec'

As a child:
Finding out santa clause was my parents on a late night shopping mission ~ bah, didn't phase me in the slightest.
Finding out the world was re-founded, over and over again by gluttonous conquest motivation ~ bah, didn't phase me in the slightest.
Finding a book belonging to my mother, titled the Theories of Mass Communication ~ changed me forever.

One statement to rule them all Frodo! The general public are idiots!

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
Looking at the info CISPA is not fully law as yet as it has only been passed by the house, it still needs to go through the senate and there is a chance it could be veto'd by the obama administration :(

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Synodontis some of the same sentiments have been brought up around various Anonymous discussion groups (not that I would ever be reading such things and mentioning it in public lol). Facebook is acknowledged as a valuable tool, and ultimately the aim wasn't to actually hack it - just to fill it so full of rubbish that they might stop and listen.
The point that the majority of people will just bitch about anonymous taking away their facebook is quite valid, and it's a concern that I myself share. The media is prone to labelling Anonymous actions the same way that the US government does - Cyberterrorism, so the sheeple will be quick to put it down to that without greater understanding of what this was about. The far better approach in my opinion is to more directly raise awareness of the bigger issue. The media isn't doing what they need to, so breaking social media is counter productive when it's the best platform we have to get the message across.

The lack of media coverage of this tells us a lot. It also makes it clear that they're not going to be the ones conveying the message of "why" to the masses when action is taken. If the media was doing its job and telling the masses, and making sure they understand, then the May 1st action would make a lot more sense. Without that, it's going to get a lot of people off side.
A few adherents of anonymous have been quick to point out that they feel the May 1st action is nothing more than an Op being pushed by some kids who had their dodgy facebook profiles deleted. Quite possibly that's what happened. With Anonymous, there is no leader, so you know, people rally for their own causes within the collective.

Perhaps many countries seem to think this somehow doesn't affect them. If we changed the name of the United States of America to the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea for those wondering), then maybe people would be a little more concerned.

It's time for action, but the action needs to use social media to spread the word, and use Facebook against itself. Then it's time for real action. Not just the kind that only a few can truly do sitting behind a computer, we need the kind that puts people on the streets in protest. Anonymous are for peace. The protest needs to favour peace, but that doesn't mean that it cannot use force.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
You know, (& this could be classed as rambling)

We lost TheReefuge for a day or so in protest which Jen & I fully supported. It did bring the problem to the fore front of peoples minds that would never even think about the consequences of such a law being passed. Now we are all back in TheReefuge talking about it & how something can be done about CISPA.
In an earlier post from "God", she linked to a thread that suggested we all post a small file to Facebook & at the same time Anonymous would try to hack Facebook. That's fine, I will do that on 01/05/2012, but what happens when they restore power? Everyone jumps back onto Facebook & talks about how Anonymous crashed or tried to crash Facebook. What has this achieved? Public awareness from those who know about CISPA? yes, Has it solved anything? No, Are more people aware of CISPA now? Yes. After that, Facebook will just continue on like nothing has happened. This is a website that supports CISPA, why? because they have more access to OUR information. Why is it that nearly every APP that you download to your phone wants access to all your phone functions? it can post what it wants on your wall? Why do they need that? To gather information on you.
In another post from "God", he commented on how we as people act like sheep, we eat, sleep, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, go to work........ all in an effort to feed the corporate machine. We are compliant. So it will be the same with CISPA as with ANY large event, we will get over it & go back to being sheep.
Facebook & many other social media websites support CISPA, all these forums NEED you to exist. If you want to HURT these groups & really raise thier awareness as to how many people are against CISPA, upload the small file we have been asked, then DELETE your Facebook account. With no accounts, there is no Facebook, easy as that. Will they miss you? not a hope in hell! Will they miss a thousand accounts in a day? maybe, that's the point of it. A steady decline in numbers is the ONLY thing any large corporate business will understand or react to. Other then that, you can yell, scream, be outraged, protest, stamp your feet & hold your breath, it wont change a thing, why? because you will still use thier services, which is supporting them. Sheep.
Also in a post from "God", she said said nothing would be deleted from TheReefuge, it is just moved out of the public view. I suspect it would be the same with Facebook. Therefore I will be deleting everything I have uploaded into Facebook, then deleting my friends list, then deleting my Facebook account on the evening of 02/05/12. (Facebook will have recovered from the Anonymous hack by then) WHY do you need to use Facebook? You cant text, call, speak face to face or E-mail your friends?
So how did CISPA get passed? You dont think smart ass people behind the scenes thought how to get it passed? They would have put more thought into this then I have put into anything.

Senator 1. You go public & leak our PIPA quietly & people will jump up & down.
Senator 2. What are you going to do?
Senator 1. I will work behind the scenes & draw up Ummm CISPA.
Senator 2. Then I will leak SOPA & we can really watch them jump up & down.
Senator 1. I will then lodge CISPA while they are not looking.

Everyone is patting themselves on the back because they stopped PIPA & SOPA. Next thing you know, CISPA is heard about far to late, voted on before it was reported to be voted on, hey presto! new law passed, piece of piss really, could have done it in thier sleep huh. People are sheep & predicable, even on mass.
Want to piss them off & see how good "Echelon" really is??? spend an hour a day searching bomb making, the terrorists handbook or anything like that. Give the bastards SO much information to search through & see if Echelon can keep up. Could America extradite half the population from Australia & hold us all for up to 5 year's? c'mon now, that's just silly. Why are we STILL hearing very little about such a ground breaking law? that's easy, they dont want you to know. With so many world wide news reporters, papers, TV stations & radio, we still hear bugger all? You dont have to be a rocket scientist to work it out do you, or do you? :confused:
True. The only way to make these bastards realise that we are no longer going to take their bullshit is to boycott anything that can make a huge impact in their pockets, and to continue in-person protests. When they realise they could potentially have a revolution on their hands, I am going to bet that they will change their tact real quick.

Looking at the info CISPA is not fully law as yet as it has only been passed by the house, it still needs to go through the senate and there is a chance it could be veto'd by the obama administration :(
Also true, it is not law yet. However, it has been passed through the house like a snake in the grass. I would not bet on VETO, as Obama said the same thing with NDAA. The threat was there, and it still passed.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
To those who want to help!

Spread this video as much as you can. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, Forums, anywhere you can. This will help raise awareness to the American population.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I think Ken's got a point. Sure we can raise the awareness of this utter rubbish, but it's much like the Kony thing. Unless we actually take action it's as useless as liking those pointless post on Facebook where apparently you'll send a dollar to an East African kid who's starving.. I thought of the idea of an internet blackout, first by rasing the awareness, making a date and getting as many people in the World to simply turn of their internet for say 48 hours. That means there will be no downloading of anything, no money being made by anyone, which hit's their hip pocket thus making a statement since money is the turning power of the World.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
with the american election looming, we should start hitting at obama with it, thus makeing sure it dosnt pass, coz if he accepts it and the public dont like the decision they just wont vote for him. Political power, all about keeping the major % of the masses as quiet as possable

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
with the american election looming, we should start hitting at obama with it, thus makeing sure it dosnt pass, coz if he accepts it and the public dont like the decision they just wont vote for him. Political power, all about keeping the major % of the masses as quiet as possable
That's exactly why it has come to light at this moment.. It's similar in a way to Gillard's Carbon Tax (Which I am also MAJORILY against).. She knows she won't be re-ellected so she's rushed it through without being publically discussed or voted against.. CISPA is the democrats attempt to get the vote's it needs to be elected into government, and with the house supporting it, they already have a strong baseline to work from. It goes back to the sheep theory, if the government passed it we'll have a rawl about it and then it's accepted by the sheeple and nothing get's done about it

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
That's the theory.
More realistically consider that your masses are mindless sheep that largely ignore anything that they don't directly see and/or understand, and it's not quite as big an issue as you think. If the media isn't making a big deal about it, and your financial backers (ie corporations) aren't giving you grief about it, chances are it won't hurt you that much.

This is where the problem is - the masses don't know about. Even less understand it, and even less out of that group fully understand the potential of it. When this happens, there isn't political pressure against it. When certain major corporations want CISPA as it assists them with dealing with "cyber threats" and same corporations do have political influence, then what you have is political pressure for it, without widespread pressure against it.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
lets go back a step, just so i can understand fully.
Its an american law, so what juristiction does it hold over the aussie person?? the way its going thru my head, it holds no sway over us, so any info they gain over us is breaking their own jurisdictional boundries, so if they then try to extradite said aussie, would it just end with:
person A: "On what charge?"
B: "cyber threats"
A:"How did you get this information?"
B:"Cispa"
A:"Hold no jurisdiction over aussie citizens, goodbye".

???????????????????????????????????????????????

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
mscott it gets a bit more complicated than that.

First is the fact that they have access about information that they shouldn't see on pretty much anyone who has data stored on a US owned/hosted system (which is basically everyone + dog). They have this access without judicial process to get the information. Coupled with vague interpretations, they can do what they like with that information. That includes giving your information to other parties that might be deemed relevant to whatever the issue is. One of the common concerns with this is say Copyright infringement; the government having access to that information could be forced by US courts to provide information to say a movie studio. Said studio then has a whole lot of information to go after you with about some crime that you may or may not have committed. Under normal circumstances, some of that information may have otherwise never been accessible by them, but now it is... like every Facebook conversation you ever had. Every email you ever sent. Things that can easily be taken out of context and used against you.
Essentially you might as well be guilty until proven innocent.

Australia has extradition treaties with the United States. If they say they want you extradited for a crime.. then you're going for a trip, and under those laws, once you're there, it might be a long time before you come back. Of course, you don't get your right to a phone call when you're considered a terrorist. Might also be a long, long time before you get a lawyer.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
See the thing is with this law, is that most servers, hosts from the US. Therefore the information is in the US jurisdiction. It doesn't matter where in the World you live, if the information has come from within American boundaries it's still under this law.. So if anyone on here downloads from site's that "share" movies and music and is based in the States, technically you can be extradited to the US and formally charged under this law, as the information has come from an American servers
EDIT - Dam DavidS beat me to it, and made a better point of it too

This would be when the extradition laws come into effect. Because you have broken an American law, & Australia has an extradition treaty with America, you could be extradited? Good point mscott. Do you have to be IN America when you break one of there laws to be prosecuted? or with CISPA, just being aware that you have broken one of thier laws is enough to start proceedings?

EDIT - Double damn, DavidS & brendore answered my questions before I even asked them!

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
This would be when the extradition laws come into effect. Because you have broken an American law, & Australia has an extradition treaty with America, you could be extradited? Good point mscott. Do you have to be IN America when you break one of there laws to be prosecuted? or with CISPA, just being aware that you have broken one of thier laws is enough to start proceedings?
You don't have to be in America to break the law (your so called crime just has to affect the US or one of its corporations). If you're classed as a cyber terrorist, you're a terrorist threat to the United States, therefore you're wanted by them, and off we go with the extraditions.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
See the thing is with this law, is that most servers, hosts from the US. Therefore the information is in the US jurisdiction. It doesn't matter where in the World you live, if the information has come from within American boundaries it's still under this law.. So if anyone on here downloads from site's that "share" movies and music and is based in the States, technically you can be extradited to the US and formally charged under this law, as the information has come from an American servers
EDIT - Dam DavidS beat me to it, and made a better point of it too
Movie sharing is an interesting one - because no US systems need to be involved. The fact that it's a copyright infringement against an American company will be the problem. Once they get a trail that leads in your direction, they can then access irrelevant information about you that they can use to support their case and otherwise find out who you are.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
So realy, the whole/majority of todays youth has to get on a plane and make a trip to the US, im quite sure that nearly every single person has, or has had someone on their internet, who has watched/downloaded/listened to any song movie ext, before release of the DVD...... you get where im going with this...