Tank Journal Archive

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Well it is filled with 400 litres of NSW, nil leaks (phew), sump working fine with Miracle Mud in the middle, Carib Sea Agra-Live Black Hawaiian substrate arrived on Thursday, so thats in, as is the base rock (20kg) inc my new "kebab" mountain. Live rock to be changed over after water and system settles down ie Monday night.
IMG_0182.JPG

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
love the aquascape, where did you get your base rock from? and is it much cheaper than buying liverock?

keep the updates comming...
The base rock was old live rock from my LFS, who took 20kg home and bleached it etc. took about 4-6 weeks. Cost $20 per kg.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Ouch! I thought $18 per kilo for lr was bad down here, cheapest shop has base for $7 and lr for $12. Long as it does the job though and is available its all good.

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
The White looks million times more classy than the black David!!!!
Nice work so far, cant wait to see it all up and running!

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Very nice! Love the black substrate against the white, nice touch. Kebab looks good too ;)
Yeah thought the opposite colour might be good ie black rather than white on white tank. As much as the black will absorb some of the light, i am hoping the fish and coral colours will stand up a little bit more... All trial and error, but thinking outside the square with this setup.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Live rock transferred from old to new tank. All fish in the new tank.
Photos taken, but eldest daughter has the laptop, so tomorrow night for upload.

Basic structure ( aquascape) looks nice....

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Good luck with the black sand... I turfed mine ages ago after it showed up every piece of junk in my tank! It made the coral stand out like crazy but so did the algae...

The setup looks sweet so I will be following the progress closely!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I'm running out of space so time for a few kilos of lr to lift the middle and add a platform or two....................did someone say sps?

I love your nem and those stars, great start.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Lol, just buy the 500, i would have but it was 150mm longer than the wall...!

The nem is temperamental, but loves raw prawn once a week... Tonight it was closed. The stars i cant keep up with movement wise.