Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Well the lionfish (dwarf) got accidentally sold at the weekend.....

Sadly a new shipment arrived as i was standing there......

1x koran tang (large)
1x blue tang ( juvenile)
1x moon coral (green)

awww.smileyvault.com_albums_character_smiley_vault_character_099.gif
Secured and in the tank now
You know when I read this I thought "hmm haven't heard of a koran tang before" ... turns out you meant angel, which is lovely, by the way!

how big is that hermit??

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Yep
You know when I read this I thought "hmm haven't heard of a koran tang before" ... turns out you meant angel, which is lovely, by the way!

how big is that hermit??
my fault, got the tang and the angel mixed up in ones grey space, especially after it was read out from the shipping invoice at the LFS. LOL

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Power-boards in the cabinet and where to hang them, created some issues.
Didn't want to leave them on the floor within the cabinet, just in case.... So after trying industrial strength tape, to no avail, then heavy duty velcro half way there, with the boards and the weight half pulling off... One got smart... No i didn't want to drill the framework.... So the grey matter went into overtime and voila.... Solution....to the problem. Pic to follow.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Easy to do.... go to Masters, or Bunnings, they have little sheets of different panelling... buy the white coated masonite, cut it to fit, double side tape it (picture mounts) drill the access holes...apply and leave for 24 hours, no more gaps the cuts etc, then layout the power boards, drill and screw screws etc. Total cost $45 inc the power boards.

Oh and surge protector on the power point plug then extension cord to the board plugs behind the panel.
Still need to tidy up the right hand side cable wise, but waiting for the moon light and controller to arrive.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I need to add another power board for the lights so might see what I can come up with. All the tools are at the parents place, so are the saws and stuff so I tend not to do a lot of diy :rolleyes

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice DIY work mate, your tank will be a slick rig.
Only observation is to halt your fish stocking for a month or two to let your bio load catchup and to prevent any new tank syndrome outbreak of disease. Maybe even halt stocking coral until you have finished stocking with fish.
But all in all, really jealous of the space you have to play with- good luck

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
David, looks great. Question:
Did you transfer the rock/fish from an existing tank? If so how did you go about it and how did the process go? I ask as that's what I need to do with my new set up. Really appreciate any help mate