Tank Journal Archive

V

'vspec'

It happens the best of us bud.
Some people would consider topping themselves with the amount of money I've haemorrhaged in this life time.
But you don't actually own it, and you cant take it with you, so I figure its there to teach you something!!.
In your case, how not to get f%^ked....lol

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I think the first rule of reefing is never keep track of how much you have spent, we crap on how expensive it is but compared to hobbies like track racing where a good weekend costs you $2k and a bad one $100k this is pretty modest

V

'vspec'

Or like prostitution, on a good day you make $500, on a bad day you loose 2 months worth of pay in downtime :confused:

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Or like prostitution, on a good day you make $500, on a bad day you loose 2 months worth of pay in downtime :confused:
Your cheap :D

I agree though. I try to buy smart, but then once purchased I try to forget how much the total is to avoid the spending blues.

Compared to riding/racing dirt bikes once a month though, this hobby is working out cheaper even though this rig will be $10k +. :shock:

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Just got a knock on the door.....

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3082.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3081.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3083.jpg

Also picked up 4 litres of House of Color 2pak for the stand.
Stay tuned, should have some progress over the weekend now that i have the pumps ;)

Safe to say, i'm a happy boy right now.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
It's hard to get excited about a stand but that's beginning to look pretty cool

V

'vspec'

It's hard to get excited about a stand but that's beginning to look pretty cool
oh i dont know, I'm staring at a woodie!
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_confused58.gif

Yeah no wonder the paint is nice to work with, you generally pay for the privilege..lol
Your keeping good pace Meller

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Not alot to report guys, the brakes were applied a bit this week with a busy week at work. Hoping to get some more done this weekend.

In the meantime, i did have time to modify the plans a bit (and model the correct skimmer up and insert it into it). Still got to redo some renders when i get a chance.

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_1500x750revision21.jpg

And a rough idea of flow plan:
ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_1500x750Flowdirection.jpg

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
5 coats of HOK base-coat black and 3 of 2Pac Krytal Klear Kote later.... and i've finally started the tedium of polishing the stand.

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3166.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3164.jpg

Doors have been cut, test fit and painted too, so will start the polishing work on them tomorrow....maybe.
ATI Powermodule should be here any day now :) :)

Thanks for following:cool: