Tank Journal Archive

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Thanks guys. Not alot to report today, i found a imperfection in the paint (needed the right angle of sunlight to see it) that I couldn't live with, so i have just spent ~30 hours sanding back, repainting and getting ready to repolish the whole thing tomorrow....grrrr

In better news, i was able to polish the doors and get the vinyl wrap applied to the internal side, so that its pretty and white :D

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc53_2817741_615a7823.jpg

V

'vspec'

Of course, with the obligatory sports pack to go with the cool panel shot :p haha

30hrs, christ man, I wouldn't play with myself for 30hrs, hope your misses bought you some refreshments along the way!

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Last couple of days have been spent getting the stand ready to move. I have applied car-wrap heat treated vinyl to the internal surfaces of the cabinet. This allowed me to have the interior white and bright without the hassle of painting a dual color scheme. I have also used a recycled and compressed poly board for the base that is completely impervious to water, i will seal the stand and base with silicone to create a mini-bund for WHEN i spill something in there. The same poly board will be used to make the power-board plate.

And then today, a little impromptu but i had a mate drop in and visit today, so i promptly put him to work.
We moved a couch, then relocated the 3x2x2 tank across the living room, then brought the new semi-completed stand into location :)
Plus i pick up the tank next weekend, bulkheads, ATI PM and LED's will arrive tomorrow ;)

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_566012.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_566113.jpg

p.s. Dont mind the RSM130D in the background. Thats not the tank i relocated.....thats just another of our four tanks.

V

'vspec'

I dont get the chance to be bored at anytime, so your pace is definitely good bud. Matches the rest!

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Cheers guys ;)

Got some more goodies today...including my ATI PM! If i can be excused for a minute to borrow a younger generations colloquial slang.....WOOOOOT!!!

On the snowboard front, brought that in to advertise for sale, but i haven't even used it, so i've put my Burton mission bindings on and gonna go give it a quick run tomorrow morning before i head out to Brissy drinking with QLD reefers for the weekend :)

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Update time...

ATI Power-module has arrived. 8x54w should give the sticks plenty of punch, will order the globes soon.
ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_566319.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_566420.jpg

And, courtesy of Dave from Extreme Reef. The new glass....12mm Starphire bevelled and polished edges. Black silicone and 90%CTC external overflow.
ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3170.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3173.jpg

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3174.jpg

Big thanks to my go to mate Chris, for helping move tanks and stuff around. Your a legend buddy :cheers:
ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_3176.jpg

The obligatory kid in tank shot...

ai1167.photobucket.com_albums_q636_gmeller_IMG_566615.jpg

Im waiting on the DUBV's to arrive from the States now. I hope my brother has sent them? Thanks for staying tuned ;)

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
I agree, the little buggers keep outgrowing my tanks!! didn't even get a chance to put my other daughter in yet! lol