Reef Discussion

Cosby

May 14, 2013
My pitch fork is at the ready, and I still have no name to point it at.

You guys disappoint me.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
This store is particularly bad with doing this and trying to sucker the biggest price through "pm sale" lol My favourite is still when people get sick of the "pm for price" on something so they post the price (which is always ridiculous) then after everyone calls bloody murder they say sold via pm... nek minnut it's for sale again a few months later but cheaper because no one is stupid enough to pay that price, I was in tears when I first saw that :p

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
I'm new and can't figure out who it is...someone PLEASE PM me....:-)

I'm all for naming and shaming...the hobby doesn't need that level of greed and dishonesty...but needs to be vetted by mod/senior member to ensure all the facts are accurate.....

Paula

Mar 5, 2013
WOW, I am simply stunned! You all are out for blood and to destroy someone’s business because he chooses not to put a price items(s), banned someone from their site and because perhaps (yet to be proven) selling something illegal? Really? You are serious? Look out every business that ever was your head is on the chopping block for doing similar things or god forbid WORSE!!!! Sam Parker shame on you for not keeping Private messages private (obviously named wrong) and to TheJordans (aka Fragalicious) as a fledgling business with issue to iron out this is not a good look for you to be knocking another business on a public forum. Naqua aka chimaera, for throwing another business under the bus like that you should be ashamed!!! Make sure you are squeaky clean before getting on to others about morals, ethics ;) I have absolutely no time nor respect what so ever for people whom pull this type of lynch mob mentality and have removed myself form sites accordingly, just remember karma is one hell of a bitch when she finds an arse to latch onto!! Good luck to you all, you’ll need it :P

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
WOW, I am simply stunned! You all are out for blood and to destroy someone’s business because he chooses not to put a price items(s), banned someone from their site and because perhaps (yet to be proven) selling something illegal? Really? You are serious? Look out every business that ever was your head is on the chopping block for doing similar things or god forbid WORSE!!!! Sam Parker shame on you for not keeping Private messages private (obviously named wrong) and to TheJordans (aka Fragalicious) as a fledgling business with issue to iron out this is not a good look for you to be knocking another business on a public forum. Naqua aka chimaera, for throwing another business under the bus like that you should be ashamed!!! Make sure you are squeaky clean before getting on to others about morals, ethics ;) I have absolutely no time nor respect what so ever for people whom pull this type of lynch mob mentality and have removed myself form sites accordingly, just remember karma is one hell of a bitch when she finds an arse to latch onto!! Good luck to you all, you’ll need it :p
I think you are actually reading too much into it.
No one here actually has any power to distroy anyones business.
This chat is really no different to the business in question who have publicly displayed on there fb (no different to forum) a terrible comment of their own doing (more likey to ruin there own business)

Wether its online retail or a physical retail store. You will have customers who ask questions that may you find frustrating. And i think what is being conveyed here is that being spoken to like that is unprofessional. Imagine you were at myer and a staff member told you were a time waister for trying something on.

If i ever said OR wrote that to a customer i would be fired immediately and for good reason. This is what the discussion it about.

Last edited:

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I think you are actually reading too much into it.
No one here actually has any power to distroy anyones business.
This chat is really no different to the business in question who have publicly displayed on there fb (no different to forum) a terrible comment of their own doing (more likey to ruin there own business)

Wether its online retail or a physical retail store. You will have customers who ask questions that may you find frustrating. And i think what is being conveyed here is that being spoken to like that is unprofessional. Imagine you were at myer and a staff member told you were a time waister for trying something on.

If i ever said OR wrote that to a customer i would be fired immediately and for good reason. This is what the discussion it about.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I have not said once the business or individuals name, certainly could have - but for some unknown reason had the respect not to do so.

As for your digs at other businesses, I think you are out of line. They are entitled to an opinion and from what I have read on this thread (other than your reply), it is widely accepted in this neck of the woods.

Oh, and by the fact that you read the comments, logged in and posted a response - it would seem that you most certainly do have time for forums like this?

As for ethics and morals, bring it on - nothing to hide here!

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
WOW, I am simply stunned! You all are out for blood and to destroy someone’s business because he chooses not to put a price items(s), banned someone from their site and because perhaps (yet to be proven) selling something illegal? Really? You are serious? Look out every business that ever was your head is on the chopping block for doing similar things or god forbid WORSE!!!! Sam Parker shame on you for not keeping Private messages private (obviously named wrong) and to TheJordans (aka Fragalicious) as a fledgling business with issue to iron out this is not a good look for you to be knocking another business on a public forum. Naqua aka chimaera, for throwing another business under the bus like that you should be ashamed!!! Make sure you are squeaky clean before getting on to others about morals, ethics ;) I have absolutely no time nor respect what so ever for people whom pull this type of lynch mob mentality and have removed myself form sites accordingly, just remember karma is one hell of a bitch when she finds an arse to latch onto!! Good luck to you all, you’ll need it :p
This is an honest discussion about business practices that are long standing and not just about one particular business. I would hope people pull me up if I ever treated my customers like this.

However, by dragging in names of businesses related to a person's personal forum username you've essentially made yourself a hypocrite. There's lots of ways you can disagree without getting personal.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
So you're hooked up with them? Yes? Why ban Sam?

There's no need to pay out on the users here. You should especially not threaten them, like the Jordans and chimaera.

People on this forum spend a shitload of their hard-earned on corals and set their reef system up via online small businesses like the one being discussed. They have every right to discuss what is being flogged off to them at shit prices.

You'll see see lots of shops are not bad-mouthed amongst these pages because they continue to promote strong relationships with their customers.

Fuck those who don't.

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
you can kind of read the guy's name from the pic, just type it in google search and he comes up straight away...

on the subject of un-listed prices, @Sam Parker , did you see the response on the FB page you put the "internet allergic to posting prices" comment? I asked in more detail and was told that competitors would bitch and moan as they have priced the item at a fraction of what others would charge.

I would love to have access to a price guide which would give a bit of an idea about what you should expect to pay for stuff. maybe we could compile something for member use.
I would love a price guide! Though it would be fairly subjective for some corals. I can imagine it would make some people pretty angry if everyone referred to the 'Reefuge general price guide' when buying corals hahaha.

Darkspartan

May 11, 2012
Canberra
To be quite frank Paula... If you put other peoples tanks at risk (by selling them floridas so you can make a small fortune and effectively enabling the potential for their tanks to be confiscated (no matter how much the percentage is of this happening)), participate in dodgy practices, and actively ban people from bringing this up then you deserve to have this put in the public arena and I care zero for their 'business'. As a consumer and hobbyist im committed to making this hobby better for new and experienced reefers a like as are most people on this forum.

However, please feel free to remove yourself accordingly from our supposed 'lynch mob' mentality that you so hate... :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Seeya.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I'm going to post a recent item that was listed publicly for sale. I am going to black out the names but you will be able to read the comments of the selller and you can decide for yourself WHO exactly is damaging his business. Brb.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Goddammit!!! Stupid phone won't let me upload!!!. I downloaded an ap to edit the screen shots then spent ages doing that and now the stupid thing won't let me upload. Just keeps refreshing the page. I need to get to bed now but I will transfer to my laptop and upload from there in the morning. Sorry :(

E

ezza

I hVe a migraine. Not a lot making sense... So we have a member called Paula. Now Paula is angry Nd had a tizzy and now is gone. All in one post.

There's no such thing as karma. At all. It's a man made explanation to make people feel better about the anger stage of grieving.

Donz't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out! My 5 year old has ust learnt "talk to the booty cos the hand is off duty!"