Off-Topic

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
you need to move to qld mate, haha ;)
took a 300RWKW r33 gts for a squirt and i have to say i was in love.
anything over half throttle was wheelspin ;)
i was so tempted to buy it but damn it was pricy / illegal. even had nos lol

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
told ya ;)

you can get some good ones that are LEGAL hehe. even without those mods they are nice to drive ;)

I have spent alot of time lately lookign into importing a competative race car from japan and there are so many things to be carefull off. It didn't really apply to me as my choice of car was not to be registered, but if you wish to register it there are soooo many catche's. Literally thousands of every model eligible for import cant be complied due to build dates and other little anoying things. I 100% recomend going through a reputable broker like Iron Chef imports

Alternatively, and this is the option i went with. BUY LOCAL, i ended up purchasing my track car locally and as recent as the weekend picked up a showroom condition r34 2 door manual turbo for $13,800 with 6 months rego and only 101,000kms on it. Its dead set cleaner than everything i have ever owned. (purchased for my girlfriend so we got a 100% stock one)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Now the real question is r33 r34 or a s15, I want it to look good but also have some guts love the look of r33"s and s15"s

Personally i would get an S15, im a fan of the Sr and have owned about 8 SR equiped cars. Will respond better to cheaper inexpensive mods and cheaper to run.

Basically better bang for your buck, aswell as cheaper to maintain, and the G/F's r34 seems bulky to drive around (not as much as i thought tho)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i was thinking an r33 GTR, but the insurence is a tad non existant. :D
i think i need to take a s15 for a spin to see how they go. i love the feel of a small sporty car. thats why im going away from falcons and commodores.

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
Personally I'd be inclined to go with Mitchell's reckoning here Matt. The S15 is superior in just about every way, aside from the wank factor of saying, "Yeah, I own a Skyline". It drives better, it is significantly cheaper to fix and run, and for anything competitive is actually more useful. Plus, the cash you save could go towards either improving it or buying a good one from the get-go...

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Well written ben just confirming exactly what I was thinking. You can get some really tidy ones from 16-25g so they arnt to expensive

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Well for me boys and girl's, I'm looking at the Audi R8 and something strange is happening in my pants! Cheaper to import from New Zealand then anywhere else, but still outta my leauge lol.

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
The S15 is a very nice car to drive. Hell, all of the Silvia/200SX models are. One of the things that makes them exciting is that they drive fairly direct, and with the good balance they've got you can do some interesting things playing with the motor. Brute horsepower ain't everything, especially when the situations when you could actually use a GTR to its potential are next to none.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I wouldnt mind one at all. i have never driven one tho!. will have to get one for a test drive. i was hoping for a 5sec 0-100

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
I have been driving an import for the last 7 years.
Like someone has mentioned ironchef is your man!!

Also if you sydney and want to get your car complianced, then be sure to contact SSPI.

Why not buy an s15 local here? So many up for sale. Have you joined nissansilva forums yet? or silviansw, or jdmst?? Heaps of clean examples for sale there. Check it local before importing one.

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
My first import:
R33 - 200kw - stock ecu remapped. Ran straight though exhaust (that is no mufflers or anything).. Sounded so tough!! I miss the skyline.
ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y276_siddr20_CopyofPicture942.jpg

Did a few track days in it:
ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y276_siddr20_310507tcwp0544.jpg

Next import:
Chaser - 220kw.. Loved this car!!! Kunnyz kit (no other chaser in aus looks like this).. Kit imported straight from kunnyz drift car in japan.
ai575.photobucket.com_albums_ss200_sidd_rishi_img8447j.jpg

at track day..
ai575.photobucket.com_albums_ss200_sidd_rishi_IMG_3309_resize.jpg

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
If you are still keen on the s15 - the most common problem with them is the VCT rattle. Will cost a bit to fix.
But otherwise they are great little cars. Just put a 4:3 ratio diff and that thing will fly heheh.

You can easily pick one up for under 20k. I have seen stock s15s for 14k now. Like i mentioned be sure to join nissansilvia forums for more info about s15s etc.

Or be a little different and get a nice s14 :)