Tank Journal Archive

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
OMG- how did the docs treat your algae bloom!!!!No wonder you were admitted:eek
Just kidding-glad to hear you're back

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Good to see your out! So what was wrong? How's all da fishys going? Miss their daddy lol have you got the golden into the dt yet? Did you end up getting someone in to look after the tank?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
well guys thanks heaps for the kind words, i am on my road to recovery, i was diagnosed with a stomach bacteria that isnt fun and not the easiest to get rid of but hopefully all goes well.

firstly i should thank Jono @LEG-IT for catching the bus to my place and helping my tank out...

basically 2 nights before i got out we had a power outtage at home this raised the tank water in the sump obviously and the angel worked its way into the return chamber...

lol now no one told me this until i get a picture message of my sump the next morning and while i was trying to discover what the pic was about and then saw him in the back corner, also had asked mum to turn the skimmer off before the power came back on to prevent it going psycho and then over flowing..

jono went over cleaned the skimmer cup (i think i heard him dry reach over the phone) then caught the angel and put him back into the refugium..so my plan was as soon as im out i will be putting him in the DT

im pretty sure the algae bloom was triggered by neglection over the period i was sick and the part when i was in hospital...but also from all the macro i had in the sump and the lights on a 10hr cycle, i think they eneded up going sexual and releasing back into the tank cos when i got home most of the macro was pretty much gone.

so ill basically start with pics of what it looked like during the time i was sick, then when i got home from hospital and now..

i also need to say i did have a transvestite nurse one of the days i was in hospital lol

22-01-13-hospital (1).JPG

22-01-13-hospital (2).JPG

22-01-13-hospital (3).JPG

22-01-13-hospital (4).JPG

22-01-13-hospital (5).JPG

lol this was hospital, my tranny nurse and the goodies i got to eat lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
this is the tank before hospital...started getting some cyano and algae but wasnt bothered to do anything as i was in bed most of the week

20-01-13 (1).JPG

20-01-13 (2).JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
the day i got home from hospital you'd think jono wouldve scraped the glass for me :P jk glad he didn't, as i scraped it this time i caught as much of the ribbon style algae that came off into a net so it didn't float around the tank clog pipes and then cause the algae to harvest somewhere else

21-01-13 (2).JPG

21-01-13 (3).JPG

21-01-13 (18).JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
lol ur not wrong there aussie...but i had no skimmer for a few days huge bioload and did what i didn't wanna do and go all drastic when getting the angel so paying for it a bit...wish i could scape the glass near the sandbed a bit better but its a PITA and doesnt seem to come off :(

i gotta get myself a phosban reactor soon and start running rowaphos and possibly rowacarb then things should be back and i may have a nice tank..also the lights were at a weird stage when a lot of the shots were taken so a lot of red and yellow causing it to look worse than it is lol