Off-Topic

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
bible bashers
all you have to say (and I have said and written this many times in response to verbal or written religious rants) is:

"Having a religion is like having a penis: its fine to have one and fine to be proud of it but don't wave it round in public or shove it down kids throats"

Usually gets the point across ;)

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
all you have to say (and I have said and written this many times in response to verbal or written religious rants) is:

"Having a religion is like having a penis: its fine to have one and fine to be proud of it but don't wave it round in public or shove it down kids throats"

Usually gets the point across ;)
Tell that one to catholic priests - especially the last bit.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Played a few games with the kids on the computer before tea - put the computer into sleep mode with the intention of continuing a game after tea. Tried to start-up the computer after tea - no response and so I decided to re-boot. My Corsair SSD is not recognised :eek I have now stuffed around for the last 5 hours trying to repair the MBR etc all to no avail. It appears from Mr Google that some Corsair SSD's do have problems recovering from sleep mode. Now trying to re-install Windows to see if that fixes the problem - I was tired at 8.00pm so I have just about had enough now!!

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I feel your (1st world problem) pain. 500Gb of movies and kids TV shows gone. First I knew was when the angry little swarm I own couldn't watch what they wanted.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Re-install worked - so I am sort of relieved.

Now I have to re-install all of my applications - lucky I still have lots of download quota left for this month ;)

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
I feel your (1st world problem) pain. 500Gb of movies and kids TV shows gone. First I knew was when the angry little swarm I own couldn't watch what they wanted.
I had the same , I found some software that recovered half tho ... It took days

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Apparently this article lists the top 50 things that annoy average people.... do you agree??

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/the-50-most-annoying-things-in-life/story-fneszs56-1226675916755

I have to say it made me feel quite tolerant because the only things that annoy me on this list are:

5. Being put on hold ...... I'll add 'for more than 5 minutes'
9. Drivers who take up two spaces
14. Getting stuck in traffic
22. Cars not stopping for you at a zebra crossing
23. Your delivery gets lost in the post
25. Spelling errors in books ...... I'll add 'spelling errors in anything'
45. The milk has gone off ..... I'll add 'before its use by date'

Number 23 is definitely high on my list!

The rest I either take steps to avoid, don't happen to me or I don't bother worrying myself with.

Your turn!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
1. Pressure selling - people continuously trying to sell you something you don't want
3. Pushy sales people
4. Foreign call centres
5. Being put on hold
9. Drivers who take up two spaces
10. Getting stuck behind really slow drivers
12. Really slow people in front of you at the till
22. Cars not stopping for you at a zebra crossing.......... this happened today so i punched the car on its way past :rolleyes
29. Banks phoning you to offer you a credit card / loan / overdraft
42. Losing the remote control
43. You forget to put the bins out on rubbish collection day

:)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I could probably make up the balance of 50 without trying.

1. Pressure selling - people continuously trying to sell you something you don't want (ex-pressure salesman, doesn't work so well on me)
2. Spam emails (I see hundreds daily)
4. Foreign call centres (I hate foreign callers too)
5. Being put on hold (doing some work in a call centre... do that to me, I hang up lol)
10. Getting stuck behind really slow drivers (but sometimes when they look in the rear view and realise you're up their arse can be amusing).
11. Queuing (I hate queues and crowds)
12. Really slow people in front of you at the till (I hate them more if they're on the phone or having screaming ratbags)
13. Rude customers or clients at work (thats most of them)
17. You unload the washing to find a tissue has covered everything
18. Credit card offers through the post (perhaps they should do the credit check to see if they really want to do that first?)
19. Bird mess on the car (gah... dark car, metallic paint, nothing good comes from bird crap)
22. Cars not stopping for you at a zebra crossing (but if I do this and @Buddy punches my car, my foot may punch the accelerator.. hard :P )
25. Spelling errors in books
26. Company 'reply to all' emails that aren't relevant to you (should change this to just company emails)
27. Having to shave (hate it, hate it, hate it)
29. Banks phoning you to offer you a credit card / loan / overdraft (assuming they can get me to answer, but usually life insurance is the pain)
32. Predictive text
34. Self-serve tills (as much as I hate disinterested check out chicks, they have jobs and my taxes are going elsewhere)
41. Banks phoning you to check your personal details (usually responded to by "well you called me, so you obviously know the answer")
42. Losing the remote control (one of 4 or 5 I need)
43. You forget to put the bins out on rubbish collection day (or getting the recycling week mixed up)
47. Dishes being stacked on the draining board (usually because the dishwasher has been dispensing clean dishes to me as I need them)
48. Automatic direct debits (only when they come from GoDaddy because I didn't have that one debit in the budget)
49. Keypad tones (can't stand phone noises at all)
50. Someone rings you and they lose reception straight away (but it's a great excuse to keep hanging up on them, because that's how I roll)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I could probably make up the balance of 50 without trying.

22. Cars not stopping for you at a zebra crossing (but if I do this and @Buddy punches my car, my foot may punch the accelerator.. hard :p )
Haha nah it was just a dipshit P plater with a sideways hat and a sub woofer so loud that it was rattling the boot off his bombadore :p

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
according to that list i'm super calm but if there is one thing that makes me want to unleash the fury of a thousand suns its the sound of someone else's keypad on their phone when they text

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I am gonna burn down the the next maccas that forgets my straw in the drive through. :banghead

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
or going in the drivethru and they tell you the eftpos is broken but there are twenty cars behind you so you have to wait for the people in front of you to get their orders so you can get out

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
People......

Yeah, i was gunna say that. Pretty much anything that annoys me involves people. Or computers and people.
I don't drive so all the car/traffic related aggravation doesn't affect me.
I'm always losing stuff and forgetting days and things so its pretty much SOP for me and not an issue (for me - apparently it annoys the fuck out of other, more elephant-minded people)
Telemarketers don't bother me - I view them as potential entertainment and treat them as such.
Ditto for foreign sales callers only more so.
I zone out when other people are doing irritating things like chew with their mouth open or sing along to the radio out of tune
If someone near me is being a dickhead, I just think about other things or entertain myself with the many and inventive ways I could wipe out humanity. This always puts me in a good mood.
I can even stand the sound of nails on chalk-board.
There IS something that puts my teeth on edge though.
It's the sound that dogs make when they chew their feet.
It drives me bat-shit
Especially if they're laying on the end of the bed and I'm trying to sleep.