Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
If/when the xenia grows some more ill give out some frags. Yep I'm sure the sump will be a nice shade of brown and green soon enough lol

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Nah I think its pretty normal. I just syphon it out when I do a water change.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
i just found this thread and read the whole thing, wow is all i can say.

well done mate it all looks amazing. coming along so nice. you seem to have placed everything in your cabinet so neat and tidy. would never think its your first large tank thats for sure. i live in cranbourne myself so i may have to get you to teach me a thing or two or sell me a frag or 4 :)

envy your setup. i am only just starting in the marine tank game and have had my tank running for 6 months now. just started to stock it with fish last weekend.

defiantly keeping an eye on this thread.

again well done!!!!

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
@Priscacara thanks mate, its good i have finally found a forum with vic's in it! :)

im always willing to help take over the world!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Don't worry, we can still organise a meet unlike those hopeless nsw guys haha

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
caught up with luke last night and chatted for ages, time passed by very quick lol

his setup looks excellent, i can only dream of a tank that size and that nice as opposed to my old beat up thing.
he taught me a few things too thanks mate! i have to try and remember it all but i think i will harass him for a hand a few more times yet ;)

also got some nice zoa's too :)

cheers for the catch up mate, was great!

ps: i will try and start a tank journal asap as you said.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Was nice to meet you mate. I hope I helped :)
Now show us some pics of those zoas :poidh

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
id love too but my post count is not high enough to post a pic :(

i also bought a wicked little orange tip bta today from bunnarong.
weekends and aquarium shopping is the best. as i said to you the other night though, i cant help but buy stuff when i walk into these shops.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I moved my scolly over from the nano a few days ago. It has been receding for a while now and I couldnt understand why until I saw a peppermint shrimp ripping it up :rage This is the second lot of peppermints that have eaten coral so once I remove these I will never get them again! I saw one ripping the frills off my zoas too.
Anyways the scolly is still accepting food. I have been soaking some prawn in reef roids and amino acids and feeding the scolly each night. Its looking nice and puffed up during the day now so hopefully it recovers. Here is a pic of it just after I dropped the food on it.

scolly24.03.13.jpeg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Made a start on the hood. You can see in the pics how it works, I wanted to be able to lift the front up with out it being too heavy and still give me a lot of access to the tank. I made the top out of mdf because its a lot cheaper and its too tall to see anyway! I still need to add the trims, putty, sand, stain and clear it, then make the mount for the lights. Ignore the bit of wood running along the front, it wont be there and I forgot to move it.

IMAG0565.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg