Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ok quit your nagging :p I have busted the lens on my camera so this is the best that I can do for now, just a quick and nasty pic.
It looks like crap compared to standing in front of the tank but anyways....

fts12.4.13.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Lookin good Luke, though I don't think you had enough coral in the nano to fill it out though ;)
Haha yes, the nano sized corals dont take up much real estate in this tank!

Just a small update...
The wrasse looked gone and didn't move on the first night. In the morning the coral goby was sitting on the wrasses head ...wtf? I got home from work yesterday and the wrasse is swimming around waiting for a feed!
The clam was on the sand this morning, I guess it didn't like the spot I chose for it lol.
A lot of my LPS started to receed in my nano in the last month or so, my return pump had something wrong with it and water circulation was really poor. All of the LPS has gone a bit dull too but they are already puffing up bigger and look better, I think they appreciate the extra flow!
When I broke down the nano I found some corals under the live rock. My orange fungia, a green ric and a few zoa frags. I placed them under an overhang in lower light and they are all looking ok. My green leather coral has cracked the sads and is starting to shed :rolleyes
Now I am just waiting for the sandbed to go brown and back to white again. My stromb is kicking arse!
Until I get a controller for my lights, I am just running them at 100% for a few hours each evening. Hopefully the corals arent getting blasted with too much light.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
nice work there luke, sounds promising!

more pics! i want to see your ric, i like rics, dont know why, dont have one myself, but i want one. they look sweet. nice score finding one under a rock lol.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I got the ric of @DavidS a while ago, it must have detached itself and got stuck under the rocks. I'm surprised I found it again! At the moment it looks like a tiny bit of green snot so prob not worth a pic. I need to get it attached to a rock as it is just floating in a net at the moment.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I got the ric of @DavidS a while ago, it must have detached itself and got stuck under the rocks. I'm surprised I found it again! At the moment it looks like a tiny bit of green snot so prob not worth a pic. I need to get it attached to a rock as it is just floating in a net at the moment.
It's probably left a few bits of itself hanging around under there for you to discover one day when you're least expecting it :P

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
You need some more stuff in there, didn't you ditch the ol ball and chain lol
Lol yeah. I want to wait a month or so till everything settles in properly. It took almost a year to stock my nano with 5 fish.... this might be pretty slow :p

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
ive seen your nano, if that took 12 months to do 5 fish this tanks going to take you 15 years, its that much bigger lol ;)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I might QT a fish soon and add it to the tank 6 weeks after that. I'm thinking a foxface or cleaner wrasse, or maybe just QT both at the same time. Your supposed to take things slowly in this hobby right? In my case, snail slow lol.