Tank Journal Archive

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
so will that hurt or kill the finger coral? thats amazing, scares me away from hammers. must be headache having that happen! :rage

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
so will that hurt or kill the finger coral? thats amazing, scares me away from hammers. must be headache having that happen! :rage
As soon as the sweeper touched the leather all its polyps started to retract. It only stuck in for about 30 seconds and left a little black dot but the leather was back to normal in a few mintues.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
is a downside but the choice to me between a leather and a hammer is pretty easy :P

Seen a real nasty hammer last week at the shop, brown and sweepers like a mofo!
I actually like that leather more than the hammer! I've seen my hammer with some sweeper tentacles but not this big before.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
attacking it like a boss, its a wicked photo, how often do hammers spread out like that? i liked hammers, till your pic lol.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I only have one hammer that does it, its got sweepers out pretty much all the time. You just need to give them space. I am pretty sure @MTG can tell you about the sweepers on his hammers.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
my hammers....... my hammers are cold blooded killers, only think that fights back is rhodactus!!

Gordon

Jan 29, 2013
Casula
I
my hammers....... my hammers are cold blooded killers, only think that fights back is rhodactus!!
I was told my rhodactus would smash my hammers. My hammers had it on its knees after two days! Never seen anything as open and aggressive as that shit in full light before!

Your tank continues to surprise and entertain @Buddy!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I noticed my Dallas showing a little polyp extension... I know most of you are thinking 'so what!' :p But this is the first sps coral ive had that has even shown a polyp so Im pretty happy about it! Yes, its a crappy pic and I will get that new lens one day ;)
dallas24.4.13.jpg