Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Just out of the marinara mix. I have to give it really small pieces at the moment.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks guys :)
Hopefully the hood will be stained and a few coats of clear by the end of the long weekend.
I got my loc-line in the mail today, its much nicer looking than the white pvc!
The rest of my LED stuff has finally been shipped from the states, it would be nice if it got here before next weekend but im not keeping my hopes up.
Also bought a par30 refugium lamp and clamp off @naqua, I also have to say a huge thanks to him for loaning me a par38 until my LEDs arrive :worship I had to transfer all my zoas over to this tank because one of the peppermint shrimp is eating them.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Pics soon @naqua, i busted my lens mount :cry the phone doesnt take pics of the light that well.
Anyways, I got my power supply today in the mail. I decided to try the chinese power supply, no big deal if it doesnt last long. I plugged it in to check if it was working at it all looks good. My heatsinks arrived in the country on Monday so hopefully they get delivered this week.
IMAG0582.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Not far at all now @Priscacara!
I got one of the heatsinks running tonight and above the tank. Since meanwell have run of of the ldd1000 drivers, I am using 700's for now. I couldnt be any happier with the colour! Turns out research does pay off :reading So looks like I have a weekend of wiring ahead of me!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ok so I got it nearly all finished last night. I'm only gonna run half of the lights till I get a controller so I don't shock the corals because there is way more light now. The refugium is full of scum and the sand is a nice shade of brown so the clean up crew will have to go nuts!

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
its all sounding and looking good luke! i need to pop over again soon and check it out. love your tank and the way its setup. still cant get over how HUGE it is :)

its a shame theres not enough room in my house for a 6 footer!

i want to see these leds in action!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Youre welcome to come check it all out @roamin

Well..... Its done! Finally! Lights all finished and all coral and livestock has been transferred about 2 hours ago!
The wrasse is pretty stressed out as usual so he needs time to recover. The blenny is loving all the new hidey holes and is picking at the new rocks.
Coral goby is a boring bastard and is sitting on his frag rack as usual.... and the clowns have already found the duncans again :rolleyes
The corals all opened up straight away, including the maxima clam that is almost fully open already. I cut its little tendon thingy off with a scapel and put the clam on a new rock.
Ill try and get some pics on the weekend :)

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
lol I agree, I sat down afterwards and thought it was too easy. I have worked hard over the last few weeks exactly matching every parameter I can test for though.
The clam is shuffling around a little trying to find its spot and the wrasse is still not looking the best, but it has acted like this before when ive had to catch it.
Tell your @naqua friend that he will have his par38 back soon :worship

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
thats aweomse news luke! i will be over soon to come and check it out! the things id do to have a tank the size of yours and in that condition! excellent stuff mate!

also thread hijack i know but i got the pvc piping done on my tank today, not as hard as i expected lol.

again well done and throw some pics up!