Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks @ezza - it takes some time but I enjoy playing around with the camera, especially with a dedicated macro lens.

I was a little surprised to see the heart beating as well, especially given the age of the eggs - and you are right, it does bring back some memories of the ultrasounds :)

Keep an eye on this thread http://www.thereefuge.com.au/thread...g-road-to-breeding-amphiprion-ocellaris.7111/ for more pictures and, hopefully, some baby clownfish in the months to come.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Great video and photos, I think a Tamron 90mm Macro lens in now on the shopping list.
Thanks Darren.

If you enjoy wasting some time in front of your tank and you like taking photographs, then you will love a dedicated macro lens. When I bought my first DSLR a macro lens was a pre-requisite and as I was working within a budget the Tamron was the obvious choice - as a grey import you can get it for around $360 delivered.

The depth of field takes a bit of getting used to - in some situations you only have around 2mm in focus :)

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Just had a look, $339 delivered from Dwi. Might have a look tonight at my local camera store, he can usually get close on price, and I get it straight away. Thanks