Tank Journal Archive

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Buggar :-(
I know it's prob too late, but if u you shot me the $ for a packet and an express post bag, I'd be happy to go and buy you some and send it w/ an ice pack?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Buggar :-(
I know it's prob too late, but if u you shot me the $ for a packet and an express post bag, I'd be happy to go and buy you some and send it w/ an ice pack?
Thanks very much for the offer, but don't you have a baby to look after ;) - given the forecast for the next few days an ice pack may not be required :)

@alan , I wasn't aware that they stocked frozen food - I will try a few today, thanks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
They are great photos @MagicJ!

Will you be able to raise them?
Supplying captive breed clowns to Tassie, how cool is that!
Maybe in a few months time I will try to raise some - I have some plans to setup a frag tank in my shed once things start to warm up again. Raising some fry may be a possibility as well.

I hope to get them laying on a tile i the meantime so we will see how that goes first.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have had a busy week, so was not sure when these might have been laid.

@TheJordans - thanks for ths info. I will start doing some more research over then next few months. So, based on the eyes being clearly visible, it would seem that these should hatch in the next day or so...

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Going by the pic they aren't far off. Mine are bright orange for the first few days before they start to change color and develop. Never really kept a daily journal though.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks @Buddy.

Now some bad news. I will be the first to admit that I have neglected the tank a bit over recent months :rolleyes

Last night I noticed that my small helio and my branching torch were not looking happy. Tonight, brown slime had taken hold of the helio and one head of the torch - and one of my hammers was not looking happy :(

I siphoned out the helio and one head of the torch - the water absolutely stank !!. An hour later the hammer is looking a bit better and the other two hammers look OK.

But, I know how quickly this can spread - I suspect that I will be looking in the tank before giving my wife a kiss at breakfast time tomorrow ;)