Tank Journal Archive

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
DON'T.....ENCOURAGE.....MEEEEE!!!!!! Do you WANT to have the deaths of MORE corals on your collective consciences??

Don't mind me *sigh* I'm depressed:(

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
The word is not "unlucky", I believe its "clumsy as fuck" :(

I've pretty much decided I will have another Nano - I want to buy a new tank this time (my other nano was bought 2nd hand for $20 and had several previous incarnations as a cherry shrimp tank and a guppy tank - but it worked just fine as a marine nano). But this time I want to start from scratch and all. I've found a few decent looking 25-30L tanks online and even one that's 40L that's around the $115 mark

http://thereefshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=934

It says "starting from $115" so I guess you have to buy all the accessories. I just want the tank and filter system and light.I might email them and ask about postage coz if it's not too much, I'll save for a couple of weeks and buy one.

I've already asked @megsez about her morphs and she's kindly offered to frag some for me which is lovely of her. I love morphs and zoas the best.
I'll probably buy more of @DavidS 's lovely specimens again. I loved the ones I got last time
So I'll let you know how I go with the tank purchase thing.
Open to suggestions, by the way :)

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
The word is not "unlucky", I believe its "clumsy as fuck" :(

I've pretty much decided I will have another Nano - I want to buy a new tank this time (my other nano was bought 2nd hand for $20 and had several previous incarnations as a cherry shrimp tank and a guppy tank - but it worked just fine as a marine nano). But this time I want to start from scratch and all. I've found a few decent looking 25-30L tanks online and even one that's 40L that's around the $115 mark

http://thereefshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=934

It says "starting from $115" so I guess you have to buy all the accessories. I just want the tank and filter system and light.I might email them and ask about postage coz if it's not too much, I'll save for a couple of weeks and buy one.

I've already asked @megsez about her morphs and she's kindly offered to frag some for me which is lovely of her. I love morphs and zoas the best.
I'll probably buy more of @DavidS 's lovely specimens again. I loved the ones I got last time
So I'll let you know how I go with the tank purchase thing.
Open to suggestions, by the way :)
Reef secrets was advertising a nano for around the same price if you havent checked them out yet. I will pm some pics of the morphs I can frag. Haha im actually a guy megsez = Meagen meg my wife and Sehran sez butvdont worry get it all the time :p

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Reef secrets was advertising a nano for around the same price if you havent checked them out yet. I will pm some pics of the morphs I can frag. Haha im actually a guy megsez = Meagen meg my wife and Sehran sez butvdont worry gett it all the time :p

LOL it's very hard to tell with some names so my apologies!! @MTG thought i was a guy for the first 6 months I was on here. The penny finally dropped after I mentioned my ex-husband. I had sorta thought the "Michelle" part would have been a clue but there you go :rolleyes

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Oh and I'll check out the ReefSecrets tank too :)

I'm thinking now of selling my 4' tank because I know I'm going to be moving a lot more in the future (probably) and its a major hassle to transport. I also have to pay my parents back some $$ so am thinking I can sell the 4', pay some off the money owed and set up a coral nano instead - far easier to move on my own (if needs be).

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
i've been fragging my morphs a bit lately so if you start this up i'll have a few red and some purple morphs and some rhodactis if you'd like

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
That should make an excellent zoa garden.:)

That's what I thought too. Its not huge but it's got clean lines, is neat and well set up with lid and scratch-resistant glass. The lighting is probably basic but I can replace those as needed. It has a skimmer included - not sure about a sump though

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Well, after reading this through over the last 4hrs of bub screaming and cat-mapping, I must say that I'm looking forward to reading all about your future success!
(I'm particularly looking forward to seeing all of the little gems that you discover at your LFSs!!)
Good luck, Michelle! And kudos for getting back on the horse!
Bek

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
LOL - i actually had to HOLD my horses when i went to layby the tank. I very stupidly went to look in the coral tanks & of course they had a new shipment. I spotted a bunch of brown fluffy morphs but amongst them was one with lime green tips. WANTED!!!! ....but can't have...yet...
*mournful sigh*

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Is there anyone near you who could "coral-sit" it till your tank is running again? I'm sure that most of us interstaters would be happy to if you sent stuff to us :-)
Just a thought ;-) (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Is there anyone near you who could "coral-sit" it till your tank is running again? I'm sure that most of us interstaters would be happy to if you sent stuff to us :)
Just a thought ;-) (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

LOL i don't know anyone in person who lives near me with a marine tank. If you want me to keep an eye out for stuff, I certainly can but morphs are notoriously hard to post because they get bashed around and turn to mush :( HOWEVER - I intend using the new frag cells that The Reefuge is preparing for members to buy and use. So when those are available, I can and will most definitely post stuff :)