Reef Discussion

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Also I didn't know about seawatec before this thread, 2x 6105 and a 7095 controller for $900 delivered is a damn good price, apart from the whole possible warranty issues of course

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
the 6105's + 7095 are $1270 delivered from the reef shop though ;). Decent saving from seawatec if your willing to cop the warranty issues

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Consider the Tunze 7096 controller - same functionailty but cheaper (also is considered the update to the 7095). You do need to program via USB port instead of dials though. + for me as I have kids who would play with dials for sure.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Nope - you can unplug it, move it, programme it, then plug it back in. It retains the settings without power.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
1) cheaper - I always love that
2) No dials for the little fingers I have here to touch. This was an even bigger selling point for me.
3) There are more modes available in terms of programming than on the older 7095. There is also the option of adding new features as the software can be upgraded (although updates or new features do seem to be frustratingly slow)

To be honest, programming is really straight forward and hard to get wrong. The only thing you can't do remotely if you are trying to use the wave controller. It has a self tuning function where all you need to do is hit the button (you will need to be connected to the controller and the pumps for this).

But yes it is horse for courses and each to their own. Best of luck whatever you buy.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
1) cheaper - I always love that
2) No dials for the little fingers I have here to touch. This was an even bigger selling point for me.
3) There are more modes available in terms of programming than on the older 7095. There is also the option of adding new features as the software can be upgraded (although updates or new features do seem to be frustratingly slow)

To be honest, programming is really straight forward and hard to get wrong. The only thing you can't do remotely if you are trying to use the wave controller. It has a self tuning function where all you need to do is hit the button (you will need to be connected to the controller and the pumps for this).

But yes it is horse for courses and each to their own. Best of luck whatever you buy.
wave button? wahhh. wheres this button? :P

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Sorry - should have been more clear. It's a "software" button (hence the need to have the controller hooked up and working for this one).

You hit start, it auto increments adding .01 sec or something like that and when you see the wave starting to resonate you hit stop (it stops the incrementing, not the wave. Thats how easy it is to tune a wave with this controller.

The only physical button on the unit is the feed timer.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Sorry - should have been more clear. It's a "software" button (hence the need to have the controller hooked up and working for this one).

You hit start, it auto increments adding .01 sec or something like that and when you see the wave starting to resonate you hit stop (it stops the incrementing, not the wave. Thats how easy it is to tune a wave with this controller.

The only physical button on the unit is the feed timer.
most people dont have a laptop tho :P