Tank Journal Archive

Kavi

Oct 25, 2012
To
Hey Kavi,

We can get it back on track. If Reeflections is hard for you to get to for water, you can get it from me. I have it delivered in 2000l batches so you'd pay what I pay. I'm not trying to take any business from Ernie and the crew, but I want to make sure you have access to plenty of water cheaper than $5 a drum.

Plenty of water changes will keep most things in check.

#1 - lets talk skimmers
#2 - lets talk circulation pumps
#3 - lets talk lighting
To be honest, talking wont be a problem, buying them might be, hehe. Problem one the sump i have, cant fit a skimmer in there, only a hang on the side one will fit, to change the sump, i ll have to lift the stand. So everything have to come off. I know guys, dumbness,like the majority, all i wanted was to get da tank wet asap n see some fishy s in it.

The bubble magus skimmers are they any good? Its said they good value for money. Anyone using them?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
post some pics of the sump and dimensions as well as a pic of the area you have to work with around the sump...

also good to set yourself a budget and then we can help guide you in the right direction, dont worry about brand new prices as a lot of these skimmers mentioned are available through classifieds in all sorts of places...the mce300/500 i know someone whos looking to sell one or both, and the tunze skimmers are usually at the right price second hand...

we all wanna hurry up and get fish in, to be honest you started out really well and what you want to achieve isnt going to be too hard..there is more than one way to fix something, it doesnt always have to be the most expensive way :)

maccas offer seems too good to pass up, after all that's what we're all here for :) its not everyman for himself...unless you're this guy :gaypride

Kavi

Oct 25, 2012
post some pics of the sump and dimensions as well as a pic of the area you have to work with around the sump...

also good to set yourself a budget and then we can help guide you in the right direction, dont worry about brand new prices as a lot of these skimmers mentioned are available through classifieds in all sorts of places...the mce300/500 i know someone whos looking to sell one or both, and the tunze skimmers are usually at the right price second hand...

we all wanna hurry up and get fish in, to be honest you started out really well and what you want to achieve isnt going to be too hard..there is more than one way to fix something, it doesnt always have to be the most expensive way :)

maccas offer seems too good to pass up, after all that's what we're all here for :) its not everyman for himself...unless you're this guy :gaypride
Haha, defa not that guy, maccas way closer, didn't pass up the offer, gonna pm him abt that, i am gonna stick to a lot of water changes for the time and come up with a budget what i can spend.

I will show you how much space and all with some pics when i get home mate.

Gotta say you guys here r so helpful and nice, i ve been on a car forum once and not even close.

Kavi

Oct 25, 2012
One more reason i wanted to go for a new tank is that this one s got scratches on the front glass, cant see in pics but there s a few, didn't see em when i got da tank cos atm it was foggy