Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Some better updated pics. I'm going to get a few bulkier rocks to mount the zoas on frag plugs once I find the right piece.

My latest acan, it looks like it has a lot of lost tissue but that wasn't me, it has actually gained a lot in the tank which is great as I lost the others. The leather is from Shantelle, it had a little transport damage on the crown (couple of mm in 2 spots) and I saw a copepod in there and mistook it for a worm (according to an expert).
acan1.jpg

Bubble coral from Shantelle and some thriving zoas from Mtg last year. The sponge you can see under the turquoise colored morph has doubled in size and is a nice yellow color. You can see the dove snails from Dr Schell are busy doing there thing, for such small snails they have a huge appetite.
bubble.jpg

The fungia I got from Rocker hasn't looked back, the hammer in the bg is doing well too. Turbo snail bottom left and a nassarius on the right.
fung1.jpg

The fts showing the hob filter on left and hob skimmer to the right.
fts4mar.jpg

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
My Prizm skimmer works well however it blocks up with salt in the airline, does yours? What do you think of them as far as skimmate goes?

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I have only had the skimmer running since yesterday so no idea sorry. The skimmate looks good, I tuned it down to about the same as I have the main tanks running at, there is maybe 2mm of skimmate in the cup now and it has been running tuned for about 20 hours.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
I have only had the skimmer running since yesterday so no idea sorry. The skimmate looks good, I tuned it down to about the same as I have the main tanks running at, there is maybe 2mm of skimmate in the cup now and it has been running tuned for about 20 hours.
I found mine to work well but the opinions differ. Thanx

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Cost wise it was a bargain (free :)) and tank now has a skimmer which has to be a good thing even with it understocked (2 very small clowns might be on the cards) so I get a bit more water flow and some of the gunk taken out at the same time. The person I got it from used to run it ona five foot tank so I figure my little 50L will love it.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Lol yep not a real lot to skim volume wise or stock wise although I do feed the corals every few days it probably still works out to about 1 fish worth of waste.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Couple of new additions, not sure if the nem will be good or a mistake but will see soon enough.

Some nice bright green mprphs with white stripes, the pic shows them a little washed out compared to in person.
morphs1.jpg

Bta, lot bigger than I had expected.
bta1.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
The bta settled behind the rock the cbs owns, not sure how happy the shrimp is about that! The bta is a good 10 to 12cm across so some corals will end up being moved once it settles in and opens right up.

That is a great fungia Rocker, I think it is about 1/3 larger than when I got it from you. It gets fed my marinara mix every other day so not really a surprise there , plenty of light and food so it is doing well.