Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
been testing kh each day as zeovit users require kh to be between 6.5 and 7.5. I went through a 2 day period where kh was 8 and i couldn't (didn't need to) dose buffer. Tank is back to normal and started consuming kh again. Looking good corals happy. Going well so far.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
2.5 weeks ago i started the basic 3, stones, zeobak, zeostart3. Have seen a major response in sps growth and some lps that was not doing well is thriving again, especially my goni which i have not fed in 3 months. (my bad)
No tlf phos reactor anymore.
Nitrates 0.10 phos 0.02
Colour is sps starting to brighten in pinks and blues, Not had any issues so far.

dosing regime.

place stones in reactor on 396L p/h flow for 4 weeks then change. Ongoing, stones will last 6-7 weeks.
3 drops of Zeoback each day for 12 days then 3 drops Mon/Thurs.
0.30ml of zeostart3 each morning 0.30 again at night.
Pump stones morning and night.
Coral vitaliser 3 drops wed/sat
Really easy.

Zeo recommend this dosage and said it was not necessary to use zeofood7 at this stage. So I'm really only dosing 2 things for nutrient control and 1 coral food.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Since starting this sps has increased in blue and in overall health in just 2 weeks.
Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 6.47.00 PM 2.png
dallas growth in 2 weeks
Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 6.10.33 PM.png
Growth on pink birds nest 2-3 weeks
Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 6.09.04 PM.png
Not as much colour as when i got this from BUDDY but growth is crazy
Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 6.08.07 PM.png

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
You seem like you've looked into this dosing quite well. Is this the only or correct way it should be dosed?
I'm just starting to dose, but with different products and different dosing.
I'm trying the dosing that MTG had good results with -
coral snow 1ml per day
zeo food 2 drops weekly
zeo bak 2 drops every second day
sponge power 1 drop a day
lps amino 1 ml per day
coral vit 1 drop every two days

I'm hoping this program will work. Any thoughts?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
The main difference is between what you dose and what i dose is that the majority of products i am using is to get a low nutrient tank.
The zeolite stones (absorption of ammonia and host bacteria) zeobak (bacteria for stones)
and zeostart3 (food for bacteria)
Zeolites absorb Ammonia before it turns into nitrite and nitrate. So the benefits are huge.
What you are using is great Snow helps clean water.
zeofood is actually another coral food and is now not used in the help achieve low nutrient.
Zeobak (bacteria) however i don't see zeostart3 which feeds zeobak (bacteria).
Sponge power help clean water through growing sponge.
Coral vit (more food for corals)what is your po3, po4. kz brand would normally recommend you to stop feeding the foods if your po4 is above 0.05ish

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
2.5 weeks ago i started the basic 3, stones, zeobak, zeostart3. Have seen a major response in sps growth and some lps that was not doing well is thriving again, especially my goni which i have not fed in 3 months. (my bad)
No tlf phos reactor anymore.
Nitrates 0.10 phos 0.02
Colour is sps starting to brighten in pinks and blues, Not had any issues so far.

dosing regime.

place stones in reactor on 396L p/h flow for 4 weeks then change. Ongoing, stones will last 6-7 weeks.
3 drops of Zeoback each day for 12 days then 3 drops Mon/Thurs.
0.30ml of zeostart3 each morning 0.30 again at night.
Pump stones morning and night.
Coral vitaliser 3 drops wed/sat
Really easy.

Zeo recommend this dosage and said it was not necessary to use zeofood7 at this stage. So I'm really only dosing 2 things for nutrient control and 1 coral food.
I might sound really stupid so please excuse my slowness...when you say Zeo recommended this, was this based on your system size and what they recommended for people in general or is this what you have been given by Zeo after writing to them?

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I am also on the zeovit forum. My dosing regime was designed by Zeo rep.Basically you fill out a questionnaire about your tank and they (kz rep) give you the dossing and regime within 48hrs.Regarding the use of zeofood7. its a bit of a weird one.In the pdf file for basic information Zeofood7 is listed as apart of the basic 4 products that you must use. However if you read everyones tj including mine on the zeo forum. It is never recommend by the zeovit rep. This almost every time gets a response from the customer saying "what about zeofood7" and the common answer seems to be that it is not recommend until you have ultra low nutrients and ever then zeo reps seems to push B balance additive instead. (which is not a coral food) and then maybe a coral food such as coral vitaliser.Zeofood7 seems to be out of the picture. Even reading peoples dosing regime in future posts almost nobody uses it.