Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
It might explain why I'm getting some excessive macrofauna growth though .... I'm going to drop mine down to 0.35ml 2 x daily for a few weeks and see what happens.

Ben
Yeah well since you told me you were dosing .4ml i decided to armpit up to .35 and I'm getting a little white fuzzy stuff growing on some rocks. maybe ill go back to 0.30. Thoughts?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Which additive is causing the white fuzzy spots on the rock?
Cause that's what I'm getting now.
Think I'll just stop the whole dosing.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Which additive is causing the white fuzzy spots on the rock?
Cause that's what I'm getting now.
Think I'll just stop the whole dosing.
zeostart3 which is zeovits form of carbon dosing. It would be the same for anyone who doses too much vodka of vinegar. (i think) lolIf you have spots of fuzziness this may be sponge which is a good thing. What i am referring to is blanket cloudiness on some rocks (poor flow dark area)

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Yeah well since you told me you were dosing .4ml i decided to armpit up to .35 and I'm getting a little white fuzzy stuff growing on some rocks. maybe ill go back to 0.30. Thoughts?
I've dropped mine down to 0.35ml 2 x daily and so far have not noticed any real improvements yet, it can take a few weeks before you notice anything though.

Little white fuzzy stuff? No idea what that could be, Are you seeing excessive bubbles on the sand and rock? Did you see it after just a day or two?

Ben

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I've dropped mine down to 0.35ml 2 x daily and so far have not noticed any real improvements yet, it can take a few weeks before you notice anything though.

Little white fuzzy stuff? No idea what that could be, Are you seeing excessive bubbles on the sand and rock? Did you see it after just a day or two?

Ben
No bubbles on sand or rock. The white fluffy stuff started in a few days so i dropped back to 0.30ml

Last edited:

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Just as I was about to give the Zeovit dosing a miss, I think things have started to kick in.
All my corals have had a marked improvement, all really fat and happy with great extension.
Guess I'll just keep going.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
okaaaaaaaaaay. Here are some growth and colour shots since starting zeovit. This little acro has never had a colour and has just started to bloom
colour change .png
Its also getting consumed by the plating monti

Last edited:

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
looking good, re the blue stag growth or staghorn in general will encrust for a while with no or limited other growth then will just shoot up quickly