Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Small update, I have another hitchiker pic and fts after I rearranged a few rocks.

fts3.jpg

This critter is the little white spot on the fts near the top off center right.
hitch5.jpg

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Great tank, I had a problem with my lights as well, took about 5-6 weeks to get them replaced, slowed down the setup process (not a bad thing).The ballast was faulty so 2 of the tubes were like strobe lights. The new ones are working fine. I have now got a clean up crew, a few corals , a pair of clowns, a coral beauty and a one spot fox face. All are going well so far. Good Luck

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Darren, looks like it might be the weak spot of the tanks. Couple of weeks maybe till cuc for me but not in any rush (ok, yes I am but behaving myself! :D).

Not a lot to report on the tank, the ammonia is finished, nitrite is on its way down so things are on track. Got another couple of hitchiker pics to share.

Another shot of a hydroid and I think the smaller things are pods of some sort.
hitch6.jpg

Fan or tube worm (I think)
hitch7.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Woot! Readings finally acceptable so I have the first occupants of the tank. I now have a nice scoly and a leather coral, could only get a pic of the scoly at the moment though. Monday I will pick up a cleaning crew. The pic might be a big big so leaving it as a thumbnail.

scoly1b.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Thanks for the link and name correction chimaera, always happy to be corrected otherwise I would just be oh that green round thingy over in the corner.........no not that one the OTHER green thingy :). I'm not guaranteeing i will remember of course but least I know where to look now!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx guys, I agree its not a pest after having seen some others in a Masa members tank yesterday. Not a fan but palythoa , I was trying to keep quiet and not draw attention to my noobness so I didn't ask him :D. It escapes the death penalty!

Going to try get some clean up crew tomorrow, much as I would love a couple of hermits to go along with the snails not sure if I should get them but will see.

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Tx guys, I agree its not a pest after having seen some others in a Masa members tank yesterday. Not a fan but palythoa , I was trying to keep quiet and not draw attention to my noobness so I didn't ask him :D. It escapes the death penalty!

Going to try get some clean up crew tomorrow, much as I would love a couple of hermits to go along with the snails not sure if I should get them but will see.

honestly I would get rid of it unless you like the look of it, my mates tank has hundreds brown palys popping up everywhere. I would rank them in the pest stakes for sure

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Your corals are looking great Priscacara - the Cataphyllia looks happy and the green doughnut thingy looks like it will have some red on it too.
Speaking of doughnuts....I bought some....*hunts through the shopping*

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Josh and Michelle, I saw them all over the dt at the LFS so going to keep an eye on mine if any more show themselves I'll get rid of them I think.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Did a bit of spending today so will be a while till I get anything else. Got 6 trochus, 2 stromus, heliofungia, some zoas, little purple morph and my first couple of fish! A nice little blenny (not sure on which as I forgot to write it down) and a zebra goby (Ptereleotris zebra).

blenny1b.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Yep definately time for a fts, was waiting on the cuc to clean the glass up a bit, will do a wc today and clean off the rest for a shot tonight.