Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Ok got the fts, not really happy with the shot but you will get the general look of everything at the moment. I got a small "limb" with 4 morphs? on it and could not get the damn thing to sit anywhere so had my first go at fragging and gluing the pieces to a rock. Also did a small piece of yellow polyp zoa.

fts1b.jpg

New leather coral to replace the bright green one that literally fell apart.
leather2.jpg

Not a bad shot of one of the zoa plates I got at Williamstown with a trochus cruising over the top, hopefully they dont do any damage.
zoa3b.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Ken, its starting to look like more than a pile of wet rocks now :). The Sicce pumps seem pretty good, going to do a review on them later today.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx guys, the blenny is happy munching away on the rocks but also pigs out on the small feeds I put in for the 2 fish of flakes, pellets and mysis. I'll be getting some nori too once I find a store close by that has the non roasted/flavoured version.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Sue, its a big learning curve but all the people on here and masa to hold my hand or kick me in the butt makes things a lot easier. I'm happy with how its come along, just got to behave myself and not stock too quick and keep on top of the water changes and other maintenance but with only 2 proper tanks running now thats not a problem :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Did a video of the tank, not happy with the quality though. The cam is a JVC hdd Everio and is a couple of years old now, might have to add something else to the wishlist :eek.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I had another try using the iphone and I think the quality is a lot better than the video cam, unfortunately its also 18 meg so beware if you click to watch it.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Must be my day for updates. Just a quick snap of a banana wrasse thats in the qt, I have a blue assesor as well. There are 2 yellow tail chromis I keep in the qt so its always ready to go but cant get a pic of them as they are way too fast.
wrasse2.jpg

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Not sure if I am reading this right or not, but if you've added more stock to an existing QT tank, everything in the QT tank effectively starts the QT process again.

BTW - coming along nicely.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx macca yep everything in the tank has another 6 weeks qt, I'm happy to be corrected if wrong or if reccomended to move on the yellowtails.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx chimaera the wrasse certainly stands out! Both the wrasse and the assesor in the qt are out and about eating and checking out what goes on, not very shy at all so they should be great in the dt.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
What do you think of the Goby? I have seen heaps in the LFS but never checked them out online.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
The zebra is great, always out and about. Took it a few hours to settle but hasn't looked back since. I thought my blenny had dug a cave under a rock but turned out to be the zebra, its a bit of a laugh its out all day and as soon as the lights go off it decides its bed time and heads for the cave.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have read that they do better in small groups but obviously your one sounds nice and happy