Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Tx Chim, it looks great for a $5 save me if you can frag with a couple of polyps on it especially under the blue lights.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
One of my snails nudged a chalice right next to a small acan last night but was late so I decided to get it this morning..........................those acans are nasty mofos! There is a good 1.5cm square of dying chalice now. Will have to remember that next time and move anything at the time rather than wait.

Lol it does look like a zombie, I was worried the first time I saw it at night too. If its after brains there is a bloody big lobo for it to feed on, would starve if it went for me :D

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Tx Dave, love how your is coming along too!
Thanks.... Getting there ever so slowly.... Backing off till after xmas, mainly as i changed jobs and gone from fortnightly to monthly pay..... Got rid of the crab.... He cost me 3-4 fish... But thats life... Just going to pick fish carefully, and add corals.

Yours is looking good....!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I would like a blue tang but silly me sold off my qt so not sure if its worth the risk, might be wise to just wait till the next project happens. Lol a 50cent size tang in a 24x12x12 nano, that might actually work.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
I would like a blue tang but silly me sold off my qt so not sure if its worth the risk, might be wise to just wait till the next project happens. Lol a 50cent size tang in a 24x12x12 nano, that might actually work.
Mmmm risky given they need at least 5'...

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
The tang wouldn't grow fast enough to be a problem and it would be moved to the next tank before it did, unless something major goes wrong a 6x2x2. But I decided overnight not to risk the other fish and will just wait, the fish I already have are doing great so not worth losing them all.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
The tang wouldn't grow fast enough to be a problem and it would be moved to the next tank before it did, unless something major goes wrong a 6x2x2. But I decided overnight not to risk the other fish and will just wait, the fish I already have are doing great so not worth losing them all.
Yep good idea.... I lost my lil 20cent size blue tang thanks to the crab..... Waiting till after xmas now.
Most tangs need the length i.e. 6' to swim the length, but think we would be okay given the depth and height

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Had a chat about it to one of the guys at Williamstown and he said he wouldn't put one in there no matter the size. So................I came home with a chunk of live rock for the mt, a "moon" coral (favites?) and two coral gobies for the nano and they are already taking small flake food :)