Tank Journal Archive

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Had a chat about it to one of the guys at Williamstown and he said he wouldn't put one in there no matter the size. So................I came home with a chunk of live rock for the mt, a "moon" coral (favites?) and two coral gobies for the nano and they are already taking small flake food :)
ok... my mate in Hobart has a med size Blue in his tank....same as us.... no apparent issue... oh and a brown tang too... all seem happy enough.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
If I still had a qt I would get a small one but won't have one now till January maybe. The tangs do look great but in my case it would almost be an impulse buy, I figure if I still want one after a buy a qt I'll go for it.
The latest coral.
moon.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Good decision about the tang ... the tiny blues do look cute but still ought to have a bigger tank.

Nice favia.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I will be interested to see how the gobies go together. The only reason I haven't got another is because I have read they will fight.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Yeah was a bit surprised they recommended two, at $10 each I doubt it was just for an extra sale :). Got the new frag rack in the mt and the par38 on the nano so a few pics later this evening.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Just a single pic update of the new frag rack in place. I have 2 chalice frags and about 4 polyps of a zoa (fire and ice I think) so far but its a start :p

rack.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Well you weren't wrong about filling the rack up :). Went to the Masov fragfest meeting on Sunday and got some sps to try along with a couple of spawn and zoas.

fragit1.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
My frag rack is also crammed full! There is a zoa frag waiting on it for you... grab it before it grows over the whole rack haha :D

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
You going to the meet in Dec at Sarge's place? Could get it then :)

Took a shot under the blues, the newest zoa is the bright yellow one.
fragit2.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I thought I had a few frags of the yellow but the rest are greens by the looks, not opened up properly yet they are sulking. Hopefully the yellow takes off and I can get some spares.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
This is a lump of zoas I grabbed a quick shot of last night before bed. Some interesting colors under blue lights, seem to be about 3 different colors that I can see. The ones that really stand out with the yellow frill and orange center are very nice under full lights the frill is bright green.

zoass.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Was a good turnout, I felt a bit greedy with what I brought home but there were still about half of the frags left I think but they will be put to good use another time. A couple of the zoas have opened up nicely with some great colors, couple of others are sulking and there is an odd gray zoa..................wonder if it would have a surprise under blues.