Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

That's some great live rock you have there! I spot sea squirts, feather dusters, and a million types of algae.

No clue what the 'propellers' are but could be hydroids.

The final pic, albeit blurry, looks a bit like a pseudocorynactis - orange ball anemone. Generally not reef friendly as they are very sticky and can eat 'stuff'.
The branching things are definitely hydroids! I might cut the stalks off and see if that fixes that problem. They're not causing any dramas that I can tell, but they're very small. I might keep the pseudocorynactis for a little while. It's not harming anything now. It would be easy to get rid of it with aiptasia x if necessary.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ezza,
Users can not edit old posts. This defeats the purpose of the tank journals if you edit the same post over and over.

Thanks.

E

ezza

My iPad changed a letter :( surely we should be allowed a few minutes to fix up errors.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ezza,

Apologies, I thought you meant the original post. Simply click the "edit" button to edit your post.

Thanks.

E

ezza

I was given a couple of frags of Dallas Acro today by @Scienceman. I don't know if it will live, but I will do my best. He also gave me some zoa polyps. I've glued them to some plugs and we'll see how they go.

I had just moved the rock on the left to make it more visible to the front of the glass so it stirred some sand. Forgive me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Wow those are big frags of Dallas! Very hardy, so if you were going to try out any SPS this is the one. Hope it does well for you, amazing coral.

E

ezza

Thanks :) Wazza's Dallas is a good size, a whole third to half of it fell off apparently (he was cleaning) and he is a very lovely man who was happy to share with me and Eric :) I am feeling the need to give him a really nice something something in return sometime!

E

ezza

image.jpg

This is a seriously bad shot of his tank. You can see his Dallas in the middle. It's an awesome tank.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Thanks :) Wazza's Dallas is a good size, a whole third to half of it fell off apparently (he was cleaning) and he is a very lovely man who was happy to share with me and Eric :) I am feeling the need to give him a really nice something something in return sometime!
You should - well over $100 worth of dallas there :)

Great tank! I love peninsulas.

E

ezza

I will indeed. I just have to get something special and I will repay the favour.