Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

Excellent :) I thought I was missing something :)

I have a small (10cm) straight bit if you felt like driving to the central coast. I don't really need that bit

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Excellent :) I thought I was missing something :)

I have a small (10cm) straight bit if you felt like driving to the central coast. I don't really need that bit
Yeah ive always wanted to keep one..got my levels reslly stable now so I want to add some sps. Dallas would be awesome as its considered easier care sps and it's my favourite colour.. Aww so far..I could pay for postage to me..if you don't mind posting it. I'd cover the cost of course.

E

ezza

image.jpg

A quick terrible shot of the Zoa's... And the nem. Super happy today.

E

ezza

I have some new additions today and some photos to go along with them!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

E

ezza

I wish I had the lighting to show its extraordinary colouring. Do you know those hard sherbet lollipops ? They're pastel yellow/pink/orange and purple? It looks like that... Or baby yarn. It caught my eye immediately and I kept coming back to it and definitely had to have it. When I have decent lights hopefully it will be able to be captured.

E

ezza

Absolutely! My husband came with me and even he was a little bit excited to be picking things. Though he got more excited about a burnt sausage sea cucumber than anything else ;) apparently he knows exactly where in the tank it can go :p

Str8edge

Mar 10, 2013
Shepparton
I have a burnt sausage cucumber very rarely see it though.. Fun fact for the day the burnt sausage sea cucumber is one of the only sea cucumbers in the trade that is non toxic so if it meets a fateful end like trying to make out with the wave maker it won't 'nuke' your tank.. Don't intend to see if its correct but I read it in a magazine so it must be true.. :)

E

ezza

image.jpg
This pic is very close to colours using the HD setting on the iphone. The light is turquoise because only half the $50 string of LEDs is working.

E

ezza

image.jpg

I bought some Aquaray Aquabeam 600 Ultra for better night light and fluorescence. It looks good! Glass lids are on and the beams are sitting just on top of them.

E

ezza

image.jpg
The anemone hasn't been target fed in a few days. Not since we added the new fish. I've been turkey basting the tank with reef roids mysis, flake food and nori and every second day some prawn. Tonight I've pumped a bit of prawn toward the nem and his tentacles puffed up as he received his meal. Very cool.

E

ezza

I lost one female Anthias over the last couple of days. She was the one weakened by the water condition and she got stuck to the power head and couldn't get off.

I went to the LFS on my way home for just a "hi there and hello". I had a chat about the assortment of caulerpa inhabiting a couple of my rocks. I ended up bringing home a Convict Tang and a Lipstick Tang who I believe may enjoy the greenery.

Since the parameters have returned to " normal", a little zoa or paly has again become visible. Some time ago, a few people suggested it might be aiptasia. It is no aiptasia I have ever seen!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

E

ezza

Thanks @holly ! It is so hard to get good pics. The paly is looking good. A few other things are emerging from the weeds, various roundish glowy balls that could be Zoa's, weird looking green bubble things sticking to rock in a wee cluster, the kid thinks it's eggs, I am not sure. So many baby peps. The've even taken up residence in my phosphate reactor! I want more corals. Once I have done another water change and pay day arrives I might get some little hardy things.