Tank Journal Archive

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Well just spent the last 3 hours trying to catch the peps, as they're off to a new home tomorrow morn. Little pricks decided to hide under the very bottom rock in the scape, so all the rock had to come out.
While I was at it though, I did manage to get the pistol shrimp that was clicking away in my DT every night. Fresh water dipping didn't work so I had to resort to using a hammer. Blue coral skeletons are flippin' hard to crack!!! The pistol is residing in the sump for now, until the peps have left the morph fragging cell.
Since the rock was all out, I figured I may as well rescape the tank, seeing as there was no way i could possibly piece everything back to the way it was before. Everything is still cloudy at the mo, so I'll leave the photo until it clears up, and I've cleaned all the salt off the glass.

On the next nano. Drilled, sprayed, and plumbed. Well so close to it anyway. Need 1 fitting again. Amazing what goes missing when your 2 y/os help you piece together a tank... I'll start another TJ for that one sometime over the week.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I might try to catch my pep ... it's got big and boisterous ... picks at all of the corals (mostly after feeding, but who knows)

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Here's the latest tank shot with the new scape. I'm still not happy with it but it'll do for now. Crap quality again (taken with my mobile), but you get the general idea.
20120929_121714.jpg

When everything settles properly, I'll rip out the DSLR.
1 thing I do like about this scape, is the centre of the lower scape is a series of caves, which will make the Chromis happy. It was always swimming through the scape in the last tank, checking out all the hollows.

Also on another note. Priscacara you are a legend my friend. I didn't realise there was that many zoas in the box. I owe you big!

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
Cheers Sarg. I really need to sort out the plateau bit at the top. Once the zoas are out, I can start organising the acans a bit better and hopefully make some space for that sps.