Tank Journal Archive

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
So doing my regular weekly water change & testing, seems the flow in the tank is a little off...
Further probing revealed -- Return Pump is MUNTED :( pushes about as much water as a 200lt pump....

On a brighter not while I sort a new pump out I re-scaped the rock work on the right hand side of tank... Lots of little hide holes now and it is growing on me looks wise....

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
how did you diagnose the amount of flow it was pushing or is it a guesstimation
Used to pump lots of water out the lock line return, now it just dribbles out, pump isn't blocked, lines are clear, its just lost its 'oomph'

Quite happy with the new lights, have to get the tank inside asap so I can hang them from the ceiling...

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
It didn't for about 3 months then BOOM in a week it 'sampled' both :confused:

Cheers Darren!!! Loving the new light set up

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Update!!!!!

3 X Tank Bred Bangaii's from Reef Secrets & 2 x Redline Cleaner shrimp went in this afternoon....seem to have settled in well, the Bangaii's smashed the food when I fed the tank tonight so that must be a good sign :cool:

On a different note one of the shrimp had molted in the bag during overnight transport :confused:

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
[Broken External Image]:http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575138_10151254631552356_289979790_n.jpg

Added a Frogspawn and an Elegance yesterday, both have opened up nicely now after settling in overnight.
'Spawn is a rather large piece (approx 10cm diameter closed) and the Elegance has dark bluey/purple flesh with Orange tips :cool:

On another note two of my friends gave me a Brown Tang the other day, has settled in well (despite the bike ride in a back pack home hahaha) and was eating within an hour of going in to the DT....

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Negative... custom built to my specs & wishes :D

also note the GUT on my lawnmower in the pic, happy fat fish!!! :cool:

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
So productive day --

Ordered the Custom Sump from Majestic (kept same builder as am happy with local & quality) 700x500x400 3 chamber race track style...
Large Water change today 80 litres fresh NSW
Parameters Tested - nitrates and phos holding steady, still working on reducing them though.....
Buffed Red Sea Kh & Cal liquids
Drew up Light Stands (work in progress just thinking some ideas out in my head)
Bought big test tube Coral feeder thingy to target feed corals liquids.. :D no more hands in tank!!!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So productive day --

Ordered the Custom Sump from Majestic (kept same builder as am happy with local & quality) 700x500x400 3 chamber race track style...
Large Water change today 80 litres fresh NSW
Parameters Tested - nitrates and phos holding steady, still working on reducing them though.....
Buffed Red Sea Kh & Cal liquids
Drew up Light Stands (work in progress just thinking some ideas out in my head)
Bought big test tube Coral feeder thingy to target feed corals liquids.. :D no more hands in tank!!!
Picking up one of those turkey baster things tomorrow too with reef roids $60

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
grand total bank busting $19 from Aquaristic in Alexandria otherwise they have smaller ones for $13 ;)

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
oh yeah I lost track of how many shops I walked into and asked if they had a "Turkey Baster" - the lady at DJ's looked at me really funny too o_0 the ladies at the Chemist look even more weirdly at you when you ask if they sell BIG Syringes :p

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Where I am used to be rural but civs encroached into it so we have a farm stockist that has syringes and they don't give odd looks :). When I first asked about a needle as well I said it wasn't for my use of course and the guy said I bet its for a fish tank! Turns out he used to keep marines.