Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Yeah getting new tank built.

I got one unit for now (just to play with). I'm not using it over the tank just yet. Waiting for my new tank to arrive first.
Then will get another one.

Also got the lens kit as well which helps give more spread of light.
the lens kit actually concentrates the light into a tighter beam, if its the ones im thinking of, (i thought they only have the one type)
what lights did you have over your current tank?

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Currently have Bsled units.. Which are great for the price. Never once had a problem with them and been using them since they first came out.

Well I heard the lens kit gives more spread and concentration. Will see how they go on a 2.5 wide tank.

Will get new fish when my new tank arrives. Slight delay with the build so fingers crossed it arrives at the end of November.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I think you will love the Radions ... and two should be enough over your new tank size mounted sideways I assume - I have one over a 2ft and the spread is comfortable.

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Yeah cant wait for the new tank to arrive :)

Still thinking of what skimmer to get.

What do you all think of Royal Exclusiv Bubble King Double Cone 200??

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Just found out its the same as vertex alpha series lol..

To buy list:

- Vertex Alpha 200 or the RLSS one that Ant bought (gonna go check that out next week in person).
- Two mp40wes
- one radion xr30 led unit
- vortex battery backup (probably need two - one for powerheads and one for led units)
- New chiller (I do like nic's one)

Damn gonna be broke this year!!

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Plus the actual cost of the tank lol.. No change :(
Will need to also buy coral sand.

Maybe a few extra fish now.

Damn yup gonna be broke!!!

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Got an update from dave and he reckons about 5 weeks.

Gives me enough time to gather the above list :)

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Tank should arrive end of this month. Only got three weeks to save for some gear!!

Anyone got a ute or a van I could borrow to go pick up the new tank? Happy to buy a case of beer or shout you lunch?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Tank should arrive end of this month. Only got three weeks to save for some gear!!

Anyone got a ute or a van I could borrow to go pick up the new tank? Happy to buy a case of beer or shout you lunch?
+1 on the ute/van, same deal... :p
leodb89 would be delighted to offer his moderation services and provide a van.

(t minus 5 minutes until this post gets deleted)

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Appreciate that Leo.. thanks mate :)

Do you think a 4x2.5x2 tank will fit into a rav 4 (have access to one).

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
got a stupid question but here it goes, do you guys have underwater cases for your cameras as I cant beleive how clear and good quality the pics some of you take are. Just wonder what sort of gear you need to do it as im going to get a setup once the bank has recovered from the Reef tank lol