Reef Discussion

callum@psi

May 21, 2012
launceston
and in alot of the cases we have found alot of people arnt getting what they are paying for. ie just straight ro water with no deionization.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
I'll be looking into getting the 020b-Di filter. Need something for drinking water as well. Hastings water sucks and tastes funny, which would explain why the biggest expenditure in this house is 2L coca cola bottles (and the odd JB bottle too lol)

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
I really need to stop beating around the bush and get one of these... I think the place I get my water from must think I'm attracted to the person behind the counter or something...
Ace actually in the market for one soon rockpeller interested in maybe saving on postage + more discount buying together ?

cheers !

V

'vspec'

Each time I call pete up he brings up my file, knows what unit i have, which items i need to replace given the time lines and what i should be able to squeeze a bit extra out of. He also spent about an hour with me when I first purchased the unit going through my needs and circumstances to make sure I go the best unit for my applications.
And that was just about your life and the apartment, just imagine what the RO/DI chit chat detailed..lol

eventingpony

Jun 25, 2012
Looking to purchase one of these, will be used for my new 300L marine tank, but also hoping to use it for drinking water, as the water here tastes awful.. End up drinking too much softdrink, oops!

The laundry systems look to be the best for me, hopefully these can also be used for drinking water?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Looking to purchase one of these, will be used for my new 300L marine tank, but also hoping to use it for drinking water, as the water here tastes awful.. End up drinking too much softdrink, oops!

The laundry systems look to be the best for me, hopefully these can also be used for drinking water?
Perhaps if we tag callum@psi then he'll get a notification that he should have a chat to you ;)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania

You won't regret it, and Callum will be able to recommend the best system for your needs - he was on the forum this morning so hopefully it won't be too long before he responds.

eventingpony

Jun 25, 2012
No rush! Internet is just better for me at the moment, haven't had a lot of time lately during work hours to call anyone!
I am looking forward to getting things together bit by bit, makes it easier on the bank balance too!

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Been in contact via email with PSI, will be putting an order through just as soon as I can be bothered making a phone call. I hate phones :confused:

callum@psi

May 21, 2012
launceston

the one id recommend would be the 020-b-di ... as it has a refillable di resin cartridge that is cheap to run. comes with a hand held tds meter but can up-grade to a dual inline tds meter for an extra $12. optional di drinking bypass for an extra $48.

http://www.psifilters.com.au/content/16-masa

thats the very last system on the page $230 plus post

Reactions: MTG

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I'm using the 020-b-di from PSI - great choice. Simple to install, everything comes with it, just hang it on the laundry wall next to the washing machine taps and away you go. Perfect water every time.
Getting the RO/DI filter will give you the assurance that the most important component of you tank is always consistantly correct. ;)

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
i currently run tap water in my marine tank and hate the idea of it personally.

what unit do you recommend i use for my marine tank?

i only want a ro unit for my marine tank water, i do not need it for drinking water.

cheers

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
i currently run tap water in my marine tank and hate the idea of it personally.

what unit do you recommend i use for my marine tank?

i only want a ro unit for my marine tank water, i do not need it for drinking water.

cheers
You may be lucky and have very good water, but most likely you are introducing phosphates into the tank leading to algae problems.

A few of us have the PSI-020B-DI-LW with no complaints.

@callum@psi might be able to offer some advice.

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
yeah this is why i want a filter asap as i want to know that every time water is going in, its the right water.

thank you for tagging callum for me! :cool:

chrispc66

Apr 24, 2012
Agree with all the above, I have a 4 stage unit for many years, performs faultlessly, and replacement filters are cheap considering the quality. Speaking of which need to replace stage 1, 2 and 4 shortly. Second membrane in now for nap out two years, sgphouod still be OK, even though I have a couple of new spares.

I f you read this Callum, how often and how do I know when to replace the membrane, I replaced yearly, but was told this was unnecessary, and that bi- annually would be enough.

I change out my prefilter and carbon filter every 6 months, my Di cartridge when TDS exceeds 3 ppm, which is about every 12 months. I make around 50L per week.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have that filter too, it lasts me ages, the tds of the water going in is about 24. The waste water fills up my washing machine.

callum@psi

May 21, 2012
launceston
Agree with all the above, I have a 4 stage unit for many years, performs faultlessly, and replacement filters are cheap considering the quality. Speaking of which need to replace stage 1, 2 and 4 shortly. Second membrane in now for nap out two years, sgphouod still be OK, even though I have a couple of new spares.

I f you read this Callum, how often and how do I know when to replace the membrane, I replaced yearly, but was told this was unnecessary, and that bi- annually would be enough.

I change out my prefilter and carbon filter every 6 months, my Di cartridge when TDS exceeds 3 ppm, which is about every 12 months. I make around 50L per week.

if its a filmtec then you should replace 3-5 years.