Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
If you can make more water less often it's better for the filters - they will last longer. Basically I have a 20L reservoir and 2 x 20L drums. When the reservoir is empty I make 60L up (or 85L if I need to make the Alk/Ca/Mg supplements). But it really does depend on the quality of your water going in as to how often you filters need replacing.

Gordon

Jan 29, 2013
Casula
I'm really glad I got mine but this has me thinking. How do you know which filters need to be replaced and when???o_0

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I'm really glad I got mine but this has me thinking. How do you know which filters need to be replaced and when???o_0
Whatch your TDS and your pressure gauges. At least thats what I do. When something changes I call PSI, tell them what changed and they tell me what to buy.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
i have been making around 100L per week for 9 months in a 4 stage unit. So far TDS still reading 0.00 I bought the replacments filters with the unit as its alot cheaper that way but they are still sitting in the cupboard

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Honestly - give them a call and speak to Peter. It will highly depend where you live. They are of the few shops I actually trust 100% without doing my own research. Nothing but positive reviews and not a single bad comment or review ever.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
sorry what do you mean by, "a few shops you trust" do they sell them or are you talking about their water quality?I wouldn't write anything negative regarding shops and water, but i have bought from 3 shops and the phos/purity does vary as my glass tells the truth and nothing but the truth lol
Honestly - give them a call and speak to Peter. It will highly depend where you live. They are of the few shops I actually trust 100% without doing my own research. Nothing but positive reviews and not a single bad comment or review ever.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I think he means that alot of shops will sell you anything to make a buck, psi are not like that, they will sell you what you need.

FWIW that is the same unit I run, not had a single problem, had it almost 12 months and still 0.00 TDS

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
I think he means that alot of shops will sell you anything to make a buck, psi are not like that, they will sell you what you need.

FWIW that is the same unit I run, not had a single problem, had it almost 12 months and still 0.00 TDS
Got it in one there @aussieant32 . They will only sell you what you need. My kit also came with the T adaptor like @Buddy says - 5 mins DIY that anyone can do. It really is no harder than connecting the washing machine tot he tap (if you want it in the laundry so you can put your drums in the sink for when you forget ;) )
Honestly, don't buy anything before you ring and speak to Pete. You may or may not need DI for example, he will tell you and only sell you what you need.

Mar 1, 2014
hi guys,

Im callum from psi filters. If you have any questions regarding our products or any reverse osmosis system post a reply here or send me a pm.
Here is a link to the price list for you guys: http://www.psifilters.com.au/content/16-masa

thanks
Callum
Hi Callum,

I have hear very good things about your filters and I was interested in the PSI-019B-DI, laundry mount 4 Stage reverse osmosis unit.
The guys in the forum say you look after us with a nice discount. Is the price still $220? For members?

It would be great to hear back from you

Thank you.

Felicity.

webber555

May 28, 2012
Holsworthy, NSW
Ordered the 020-B-DI-LW on Thursday, arrived today. Peter was helpful over the phone, couldn't be happier with unit, 98tds in, 0 out.

Quick question for people with the same/similar unit - what are the pros/cons of different positions of the red flow tap on top of the unit? Is it better to have it slow or full blast? Full blast just seems to make a lot more waste...

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@webber555 - I have the same unit.

The red tap is used to flush the unit, not adjust the flow rates.

To flush - I think the instructions say to do this for 15 minutes the first time?? - open the tap i.e. parallel to the tubing. For normal operation, close the tap i.e. 90 degrees to the tubing.

Does that make sense?