News

A few things we have found so far............

Not able to preview the add before posting,
Not able to change the units ordered by customer. E:G- 20 plugs wanted but can only order one at a time at check out,
Can a postage section be added to the menu when adding an item,
An "Empty Cart" or "Edit cart" option,
The invoice to customer adds GST, most prices shown online already include tax,

Nothing major has fronted at this stage so we would have to say a huge thumbs up for all the work done behind the scene's for all of our benefits. :)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
A few things we have found so far............

Not able to preview the add before posting,
Not able to change the units ordered by customer. E:G- 20 plugs wanted but can only order one at a time at check out,
Can a postage section be added to the menu when adding an item,
An "Empty Cart" or "Edit cart" option,
The invoice to customer adds GST, most prices shown online already include tax,

Nothing major has fronted at this stage so we would have to say a huge thumbs up for all the work done behind the scene's for all of our benefits. :)
Hi K&J Aquatics,

I will try and answer as best I can. Thanks for the feedback :)

Previewing will be worked on soon.

The customer is able to order different quantities in their checkout. They must select the drop down menu when they proceed to check out. The drop down menu has selections of how many they wish to order.

Postage is in the "add options" group. You can simply input eg 10.00 | Vic Shipping. This will add an option for $10 to ship to Victoria. You can set the amount based on any state, along with anything else you wish to include.

Once you view your cart, you are able to close anything you wish to no longer have listed in your cart.

GST is added by default to all listings.

If you need any help, please reply and I will post up much more detailed information.

Thanks.

All good sir,

The store quantity's I have listed only reduce by "1" when the customer has used the drop down box to order 20. The PayPal invoice only shows an item number of "1 unit" also. That is where I got confused. :confused:

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
All good sir,

The store quantity's I have listed only reduce by "1" when the customer has used the drop down box to order 20. The PayPal invoice only shows an item number of "1 unit" also. That is where I got confused. :confused:
Haha, this was my sale wasnt it ;)

i did find it odd that to adjust the quantity that it couldnt be entered manually and i had a maximum option of 10, so i went back and added the item again and adjusted quantity to an additional 10 (so 20 total). Then when i went to checkout, there was no shipping information available.
I was suprised that GST wasn't included in the advertised price, I thought by law it had to be advertised including gst or be clearly labelled +gst?

Finally, there was no Paypal redirect back to the reefuge after the payment was processed?

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
i think this might be a good idea, on the side where it says what category could we put a little red number ontop of it to say how many items are in there? like on a iphone when you get a notification on facebook or some sort of app? this way people wont have to go through 10 different tabs trying to find if anything is in each of them?

lol, yep your order crashed the system Meller. :)

The price we listed does inc GST, so we were going to send you 22 plugs lol. We weren't sure about the postage part either. Still feeling our way round, your plugs will be in the mail tho mate, dont fret lol. ;)

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
i think this might be a good idea, on the side where it says what category could we put a little red number ontop of it to say how many items are in there? like on a iphone when you get a notification on facebook or some sort of app? this way people wont have to go through 10 different tabs trying to find if anything is in each of them?
thats what i said it make sense easier to see which cats have items

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

shipping.png

This is an example of where the GST is included. As soon as you go to check out, you will see the GST has been added to the order. The Frag Tiles are $0.40 each, and I ordered a single plug. I am to pay $0.44 when I check out.

When the money is paid through paypal, if you click on the e-mail address of the vendor (it will say something like "Click here to go back to xxxx@xxxxx.com.au"), it will redirect you back to The Reefuge.

There is no way to bypass this, as no money ever goes through The Reefuge at any point in time. The Reefuge shops are simply a front portal that adjust paypal custom orders, and list photos and information. This way, nothing can possibly go wrong with any money, as it is not controlled by The Reefuge. Paypal does all of the work on the money side of things.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
But the frag plus are $0.40 including GST, so the checkout adding a further 4c is incorrect. If it needs to add GST, the unit price needs to be $0.36.

Can't you just turn the GST addition off, or have it calculate what the GST is of the total?

Such a low value transaction is a good one to iron out such bugs ... imagine if you ordered your $1000 LED unit and it added 10% unnecessarily.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
But the frag plus are $0.40 including GST, so the checkout adding a further 4c is incorrect. If it needs to add GST, the unit price needs to be $0.36.

Can't you just turn the GST addition off, or have it calculate what the GST is of the total?

Such a low value transaction is a good one to iron out such bugs ... imagine if you ordered your $1000 LED unit and it added 10% unnecessarily.

Hi chimaera,

This was my fault as I did not tell them when listing prices to exclude GST. We are working on a work around though. When checking out, it lists all the costs in your order just before you pay.

Thanks.

To anyone who orders from us in the shops.

We will supply the correct amount of items that you pay for. EG- 10x $0.40 tile = $4.40 charge, you will get 11 tiles not the 10 you ordered. If you dont want the 11, we will refund the GST amount to your account. Hope this helps until the small bug is fixed.
With such a big project it was expected to have a few bugs, just glad we don't have the problem to fix. :p

Meller

Aug 13, 2011
Canberra
Your gonna think im a right royal pain in the arse Reefuge.....but i think its better if this gets sorted in BETA stage, to prevent any legal issues down the track.

From the NSW fair trading site, reflecting national standards.

ACCC said:
The law makes it an offence to state only part of the price without also specifying the total amount to be paid. The full price includes any applicable GST. For more information on GST pricing see the brochure entitled All-inclusive pricing & the GST available on the ACCC website at www.accc.gov.au

So each individual item is to be advertised with the GST inclusive, not added at the end checkout stage. The exception being Wholesalers who supply to businesses with a supplied ABN for GST with-holding and recording purposes.

Please don't take this as a criticism and complaint, rather constructive criticism and trying to do my bit to ensure this is all legit and not a potential legal problem.....

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
How does one calculate shipping? For non-business users that are using this as an alternative to the trading forum, we generally don't know how much shpping will cost (depends if the buyer is in local or interstate) or they may choose to pick the item up. Doesn't seem ideal if someone locally wants to pick the item up but I've had to list the item as $20 shipping just in case someone from Perth wants to buy it.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
if you use express post bags this should narrow it down as its a fixed cost, they come in 500g,3GK,5KG bags (same price anywhere in aus?)

V

'vspec'

No rest for the wicked.

Its ok neo, i've ordered the pizza's and the entertainment., so I'll do the midnight burn with you