Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Sorry about the :hijack. Jonny, I have looked into the 6095's but I don't think they will do what I want. They have a flow footprint of about 3ft x 3ft but it is a very gentle flow. I was thinking 1x6105 +1x6055 but I leaning towards 2x6105's - I can turn them down if I need to. Plus they will future proof me against a larger tank in the future.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
yeah, im a believer to buy things when you need them. Once wider flow ones become available i will only update if required. I think these should be fine though, ive seem some stunning sps tanks with them running tunze 6105's so im surely going to be fine ;).

axela

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Loving the new aquascape, have you found many hitch hikers yet?

I've yet to order my fresh live rock, where abouts in melbourne did you get yours from?

cheers,
Billy

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks Billy, theres a couple of Mantis shrimp i can here clicking away.

Rock came from Coral Crazy, it had crap loads of life on it. You just order online then pick it up from AAE depot at Tullamarine.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
the left hand side looks alot nicer is person. Its hard to see in the pic but i have created channels in the scape for the fish to swim through

V

'vspec'

See this is why I love this branch of the hobby.

You take natures finest, and display an ultimate tweaked version for the world to see.

If you ask me, there is nowhere near enough reefers world wide that really push the envelope.
Stand outs that do would include Thor's Bonsai but to name a few.
This is called cutting off the chain! cause at the end of the day people, we are here to have fun ~ so why not pass the safe zone for a bit!.

Dont get me wrong, the classical reef wall is a great to emulate and learn on, however bring a dash of imagination into the equation and an entire scope is yours.
It spread viral through the community till it hits the central hub. Which coincidently is where the money is.

The other awesome pull is the macro shots.
The complexity and patterns are throwing you literally into another world.
Hit your animals with different wavelengths and it opens up Pandora planet before your eyes.

VP, I haven't read your thread past this page, however thank you!. Its been a pleasure seeing your contribution to the hobby bud.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
A little update on my progress thus far...

I Have had the tank running now for 6 weeks and everything seems like its going fine. The deep sand bed is showing signs of life, macro is growing nice too.

I have added a reactor and running the np biopellets through it. They have been running for a week now and my nitrate levels are currently at 0.2. Im hoping after a few more weeks they drop closer to 0. The auto doser's are running calc, alk and magnesium. Im manual dosing Tropic marin supplements along with Koral Color.

I tried out Reef Roids yesterday and wow, polyp extensions are wild!

I also added a couple of new fish over the weekend, heres some pics of them.
2 x Purple Queen Anthias
Mystery Wrasse
Lineatus Wrasse
Orange Spotted Goby

ai804.photobucket.com_albums_yy323_visionplay_IMG_5097.jpg

ai804.photobucket.com_albums_yy323_visionplay_IMG_5099.jpg

ai804.photobucket.com_albums_yy323_visionplay_IMG_5103.jpg

ai804.photobucket.com_albums_yy323_visionplay_IMG_5119.jpg

ai804.photobucket.com_albums_yy323_visionplay_IMG_5087.jpg

Nice additions vp. I would be concerned of the wrasse jumping, a little net over the tank would help just from corner to corner of the tank. All wrasse have a tendency to jump. (:

V

'vspec'

Nice editions. Your anthius will become your tanks health indicator.

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
The Anthias did not eat for the first few days but now are eating which is great. I have read that they are hard to keep but will see how i go.

They love swimming in the stream of the tunze nipping at random bits floating by.